Jag! The Ghostly fleet thread

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: Jag! The Ghostly fleet thread

Post by LynehamHerc »

What happened to last week's test ride of the bike we were buying for you?
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

I've heard he's ordered one of these

paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Hooli and Eddie just yesterday.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210322-181950_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210322-181950_Samsung Internet.jpg (244.81 KiB) Viewed 2996 times
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

LynehamHerc wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:08 pm What happened to last week's test ride of the bike we were buying for you?
I'll update you when it arrives this week. I doubt it'll need much but I'll do it it's own thread.
Private signature, do not read
BenHar
Banned Grinch!

Post by BenHar »

Eddie Honda wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:17 pm I've heard he's ordered one of these

Macaque bike?

Ben
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

BenHar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 pm
Eddie Honda wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:17 pm I've heard he's ordered one of these

Macaque bike?

Ben
Sometimes Ben it’s worth having you around. Well played.

Ben.
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

paulplom wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:06 am I knew he sold it. What happened to his civic? The cat was nicked and I gave him £20 towards a new one.
ohai

I ran about in the Civic for a few months after the cat debacle, then it snapped a driveshaft, after some fucking about and people messing with my head I bought a V50, as a friend of mine (not my mechanic, but an apprentice mechanic, since changed professions for similar reasons to myself) did indeed offer good money for the Civic.
I also had a ropey manual MX5 and a 205 DTurbo for a bit.

I decided the Volvo was shit (and it's the only thing that's ever got me a speeding ticket) so WBAC'd it - it was for sale for a month and I got zero interest in it. In that time a rot free H reg white Rover 416 automatic came up for sale - I've been kicking myself from selling my last identical one and my mum had brought it up a couple of times too, so with prices going bonkers and knowing the car for sale personally, I bought it on instinct. It's very tidy for the most part and is a definite keeper.

I also have a slightly barried Honda Accord Aerodeck (the pop up lights one that everyone thinks is a Volvo 480) that I got for about £1k less than it's worth, but I'm supposed to be trading up to an MR2 in a couple of weeks.

I was also trying to buy a BX off AS, but I'm getting radio silence from all involved parties so I'm going to abandon that plan I think, especially as there's a Safrane 2.5RXE on eBay, and that's a bucket list car for me.
Watch for pedestrians...
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I saw that safranne. It looks mint. Is the 2.5 a four banger?
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

regarding work, my boss had been messing me about since early November with pay, and he wasn't paying my fuel costs either as he claimed he couldn't afford to. this fucked with my head and in December I took a week off as I was burnt out. I rang him in the new year as he'd not paid me anything in December and he offered me something like two thirds of what he owed me in cash if I'd come in - I did, and it was a few days later the Civic shat a driveshaft. I was off without wheels for a couple of weeks as I'd just sold the ropey MX5 too. When I came back in with the V50 my boss was unexpectedly taken ill and had an operation, he left me the shop and told me to crack on, double pay.
The shop is sublet, it's a third of a large building with roller shutters, alarms etc. It's a hell of a responsibility to be locking this place up every day.

First week he paid me in full on time, and made a point of it. Second week I had an undesirable do a runner on me on an expensive job, the punter had mentioned he was recently out of prison when he dropped the bike off, when he came back he had a pushy Romanian guy with him that forgot how to speak English every time he looked at me, they backed me out of the way and fucked off. I told the boss and he asked me to shop them, boss then said oh what if they retaliate, the guys been in prison he might know some undesirables, what if he's on recall etc. I told him 'sorry you don't pay me enough for that, it's not your car parked outside here every day either'.
Second week, I'm underpaid, and he says he'll give me the rest the week after.
There's also some idiot asking for an ebike conversion that I've been stalling - I don't want to touch the thing and I kept telling him the boss was away and to come back later. It's an illegally specified conversion and I refuse to put my name to it, the boss keeps insisting that there's no liability if he Darwins himself on it because the kit is illegally specified - which is bollocks. if anything there's MORE liability for me signing off on that. I just didn't touch it in the end.
He also told me to steal a load of roof tiles from his landlord.
I'd been doing a bloody good job otherwise, I'd finished all the jobs that were coming in and tidied the shop up a fuckton. The only people praising me were the regulars/friends of the shop.
Towards the end of the third week, boss is bored and decides he's working again. Day or two later he takes back his keys. He immediately unprompted started making excuses about why he couldn't pay me, so after a couple of days I stopped going in.
After a couple of days he worked out what I'd done and sent me less than I was owed again. I sent him a message saying 'thanks, where's the rest' and he just replied 'this weekend'.

Never went back. I got a message on the Sunday night asking if I was coming in on the Monday, I said I'd think about it and left it at that.

Did fuck all for a couple of months, at the moment I'm working from home in an outsourced test and trace call centre for a tenner an hour.
Last edited by ghosty on Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watch for pedestrians...
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

paulplom wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:57 pm I saw that safranne. It looks mint. Is the 2.5 a four banger?
Volvo 2.5 20v five pot from the 850.
Watch for pedestrians...