Fleet Occurrences

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Re: Fleet Occurrences

Post by Eddie Honda »

Split_Pin wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:27 pm I'll test it with my multimeter tomorrow!
multimeter? MULTIMETER?

You mean you're not a member of the Topdon club? :lol:
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I forgot to say thanks to you Eddie about the Topdon.
It's a neat bit of kit that even technocripples can use.

I await the ban hammer from Paul for being too nice; I suppose being a Geordie any four letter word that isn't fuck or cunt is alien to him.
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

This is where I'm at this lunchtime.

Clockspring is off, replacement arrives tomorrow.

I can't see anything amiss tbh, other than a bit of oose around the clockspring which I cleaned up.

Apparently you need to code the new clockspring to the car but others say just make sure the features on the stalks match what the car has. We'll see.

Sidelight is totally corroded and the bulb holder is fused to it. New ones aren't dear but the delivery time is ridiculous. I'm waiting to hear back from Upullit about the r56 they have at Inverkeithing.

This is the current lay of the land this lunchtime:
20210707_112513.jpg
20210707_112513.jpg (590.24 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

Well that was a shit few days.

Let's see:

I fixed the Mini airbag with the new clockspring.
The sidelight was absolutely cunted. I had to take the whole unit out as the plastic bulb holder was fused to the heavily corroded alloy casing and the only way to get the bulb out was to prize off the glass. After all that it and still didnt work. Thankfully the tester was not too concerned so a pass was achieved.

Things went downhill somewhat from there.

First, I welded the Audi exhaust, added a bit of paste for good measure and its still blowing just as bad.

Then in the evening, we decided to go to McDinalds in the Mini where in the rather long queue, it shat its head gasket in quite spectacular style. Cue a tow home from a very nice AA man, not so good was a wee slut in a big Range Rover who didn't realise I was being towed and nearly smashed into me at huge speed. She thought it was funny.

I bought a MK8 Civic 2.2 diesel today. It goes great but the seller pulled a massive dick move. He took the trouble to show me the boots pace as he obviously didn't want me to open it myself. I wondered why the boot open warning was chiming on the way home and when I pulled over I saw that the lock was not doing anything and the lid was held closed with FUCKING VELCRO.
MRustbucket

Post by MRustbucket »

Split_Pin wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:22 pm This is where I'm at this lunchtime.

Clockspring is off, replacement arrives tomorrow.

I can't see anything amiss tbh, other than a bit of oose around the clockspring which I cleaned up.

Apparently you need to code the new clockspring to the car but others say just make sure the features on the stalks match what the car has. We'll see.

Sidelight is totally corroded and the bulb holder is fused to it. New ones aren't dear but the delivery time is ridiculous. I'm waiting to hear back from Upullit about the r56 they have at Inverkeithing.

This is the current lay of the land this lunchtime:

20210707_112513.jpg
That looks so futuristic and Dan Dare without a steering wheel.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Ffs at the velcro boot, you should drive back and stamp on their head.
Private signature, do not read
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Mk8 boot, like most modern cars, is electrically released. Perhaps the button broke and the guy was too shit to replace it. Right dick move on the part of the seller.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

What a cunt doing that.
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

SiC wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:41 am Mk8 boot, like most modern cars, is electrically released. Perhaps the button broke and the guy was too shit to replace it. Right dick move on the part of the seller.
Definitely man.

I've got over it now though, it cleaned up OK and I learned that no MK8 Civics have a DPF so that's a positive.

Once it's been run for a few weeks it can earn an oil and coolant change together with the necessary to sort the boot lock.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Unbelievably shit trick that boot lock. Even if he just bullshitted it and said it happened that morning you'd at least be in the know. Go back and snap a random key off in his lock.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......