Cars that are sort of alrightish

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: Cars that are sort of alrightish

Post by Hooli »

NorfolkNWeigh wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:17 pm
Hooli wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:31 pm A mate I used to have got a 2010(ish) Passat a few years ago as a family car. He told the salesman 'It's the most boring car I've ever driven, I'll take it' :lol:
Been there, done that .
1789BA2B-F8D8-4631-B97C-99D3DAEE7487.jpeg

Boring, dull, competent, useful , cheap to run, reliable ? Yes

Can I remember anything about it , apart from the Roma Gypsy scum that put oil in the header tank in an effort to get it for nothing ? No.

In fact I could do with one now as a practical household pool car , as everything else is either a coupe or2 seater. IKEA and tip runs are going to be an issue, as is Wickes and getting Christmas trees- I actually desire a Passat estate- Am I East European?
His was more exciting* think it was the previous model & was red.
Private signature, do not read
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

Would drive a BMW* if there was nothing else - driven a few they were "meh" but OK

*Not an M anything - especially the ones with twatty exhausts or that V10 that sounds like a quart of nails in a tumble drier
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)

Post by Guest »

Most run of the mill cars fall into the alrightish category.
Most people are not interested in cars therefore manufacturers can sell them, these days they seem to be lifestyle accessories to hang a finance deal on.
My Kia was OK, nothing special but provided transport, as we're the Suzuki Alto and two Pandas that preceded it.
The current Panda is OK, nothing special about it other than the four wheel drive, which is supposed to be a decent system, but I have hardly needed it.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

When I've been out on the odd occasion with a mate who shoots, one of the guns drives a 4x4 Panda. I've never seen the bloody thing get stuck, unlike some of the 4 door, twat-tyred horrors other folk have had trouble with.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
1duck

Post by 1duck »

Kia rio, it just exists. The thing never breaks but it eats tyres.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

1979 Lancia Beta Coupe 1300.

I bought this back in 1990 at auction for about £200 with no tax but about six months test. I looked quite nice at a distance in light powder blue with a big Playboy sticker on the NSF wing covering a huge rust hole. It went very well indeed for a 1300 and despite all contemporary Beta Coupe tests saying that you had to be a latin ape to fit behind the wheel I had no problem getting comfy despite my 6'2" frame.

The only real issues were it taking ages to warm up in the morning and it tended to stall during hard braking. Fuel economy was not much better than a two litre Capri but it would easily keep up with said Capri.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.