LED headlights

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

LED headlights

Post by AMCrebel »

This was always a fun topic on the beige, but tech is moving on. Is anyone on here using H1 Led replacements?

Every day I see twats with dazzling badly adjusted ebay HIDs but I am trying not to be one of them whilst getting a slightly improved performance and longevity from the awful projector lights fitted to Ms Rebel's Honda CRV. In a year I've had to fit 3 replacement bulbs - they are standard ones and Ring so not some cheap knockoff (unless they are fakes).
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: LED headlights

Post by Hooli »

I've got an H4 replacement in my bike. Beam pattern is the same as halogen but I can see at more than 30mph at night. Better than HIDs as it doesn't get as hot. The only problem with my beam pattern is a small dark spot on the floor near the bike, but that's from a bit of the reflector that the old HID made so hot it's gone dull.
Private signature, do not read
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

I havnt but id never say never :roll:

I have already decided to go EFI on fuelling the shite one I once agreed with keeping everything as is but I now think its more important to keep it on the road :mrgreen:

As long as it has a period correct feel I think modern touches are ok to make it more useable ;)

Will definately be going down more modern add ons to make life easier with the next vehecular whilst making it look like its stuck in the past ;)
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

8BAK465 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:01 am I havnt but id never say never :roll:

I have already decided to go EFI on fuelling the shite one I once agreed with keeping everything as is but I now think its more important to keep it on the road :mrgreen:

As long as it has a period correct feel I think modern touches are ok to make it more useable ;)

Will definately be going down more modern add ons to make life easier with the next vehecular whilst making it look like its stuck in the past ;)
Exciting times, Holley sniper EFI?
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

DodgeRover wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:10 pm
8BAK465 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:01 am I havnt but id never say never :roll:

Exciting times, Holley sniper EFI?
Yeh just tired of having the carb apart so many times,the whole idea of float bowls full of ethanol now doesnt bring confidence :(

Times have moved on I just want it to run consistantly good and be able to say goodbye to hot start issues/fuel perculation/vapour lock etc.

Best thing about the Sniper it looks like a carb and i can run the standard air box and nobody would ever know :D
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Sniper is a single point injection kit then?
Private signature, do not read
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Hooli wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 pm Sniper is a single point injection kit then?
Yes of a sort A little bit like the SPI system they put on the classic mini to give it a longer life :roll:

The Sniper is 4 barrel though and has injectors in each barrel so it has 4 injectors in the throttle body the throttle body also houses its own self learning on board ECU so i guess its really an MPI in one sense through its injecting at multi points into one throttle body pretty much the injectors have taken place of the jets ;)

nebuchenezer
Captain Turdseye!

Post by nebuchenezer »

Jesus christ
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

Fuck LEDs, I value my retinas.
Watch for pedestrians...
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

ghosty wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:53 pm Fuck LEDs, I value my retinas.
Don't look into your own headlights is a good rule