A car for Life?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
8BAK465

A car for Life?

Post by 8BAK465 »

How I wish I could just have a car for life but feel we are fast approaching the point where that will never be allowed to happen anymore?

Or are we?

Lets say if you have a Diesel they are already devising ways to take those away from us and petrols though not being considered as bad they are on the cull list though stepped back from diesel counterparts.

I think once we have what is considered acceptable by the powers that be then a new generation of car for life may start?

However what we have now,well they keep moving the goalposts :evil:

Having just moved on what was a new car nearly 5 years ago I had become used to it,would of kept it but it was euro 5 Diesel and they are chargeable to go into London and other cities are to follow :(

I think in the future classic cars will still exist but will grow to a lesser extent as the newer legislations wont ever let them get old enough to get the classic status :(

They will continue to feck about with the fuel so you end up not being able to run anything older so if you dont fit into that lease/pcp mindset they will do all they can to get you off the road or into that mindset :(

I hate the fact we are in a time where we are often forced to conform rather than have our own mind we are becoming a dying breed by the day.

I will hold on to how I want to do things for as long as I possibly can but I fear eventually the sytem will make us all fall into line :(

And the only way to have a car for life will be if you buy into whatever the new power source is and start again (if you can afford it?)

What do others think?
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
PhilA

Re: A car for Life?

Post by PhilA »

You can always burn alcohol instead of drinking it.

They been doing that for years in Mexico. Burns fairly clean, and most old cars will run on it with a little modification to the timing.

It has however had an effect on growing sugar beet, the same as sugar cane here. It's become taxed up the wazoo.

Phil
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
NergleFuttocks
Globalist Imperialist Pig Dog!

Post by NergleFuttocks »

PhilA wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:45 am You can always burn alcohol instead of drinking it.

They been doing that for years in Mexico. Burns fairly clean, and most old cars will run on it with a little modification to the timing.

It has however had an effect on growing sugar beet, the same as sugar cane here. It's become taxed up the wazoo.

Phil
Nobody fucks around with the Fanjul Brothers. Or the Louisiana State Cooperative.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

PhilA wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:45 am They been doing that for years in Mexico. Burns fairly clean, and most old cars will run on it with a little modification to the timing.
Nickel plated carbs IIRC. The ethanol would eat most regular carb monkey metal for breakfast.
ETCHY

Post by ETCHY »

In the new environmentally friendly, eco, tree hugging world where we have to re-cycle our rubbish religiously, get a smart meter & care for the planet there's no way those in charge will want you to run an older well maintained car.
You will have to buy a brand new (hopefully electric) car that will have more air miles when delivered than Alan sodding Whicker , you'll buy it on a PCP keep for a few short years then hopefully scrap it(of course remembering to recycle it) & then buy another.

Of course none of this will create waste & cause more environmental impact than just keeping a well maintained older motor fucking running (which is like mobile recycling in a way).

Governments don't want you to run a car for life, they want you to save the planet by buying a new one .
richardthestag

Post by richardthestag »

rules are made by politicians who are all* lying cunts

These reptiles were responsible for passing legislation to remove thousands or perfectly good roadworthy vehicles from our roads and at the same time boost the Korean economy. I mean like what the actual fuck!

Where is Guy Fawkes when you really need him :D
"The Dark Wob. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

You just get round all the modern rules by driving a classic car. In 14 years my Citroen ZX will be tax and mot exempt. It's diesel so you never even need to visit a filling station but I'm sure petrol will still be available as there will always be various exemptions for classic cars as so many politicians and royalty have them.
OMG U OK HUN?
treehugger
The only technocripple in the village!

Post by treehugger »

The OP will get a knock on the door one night and be taken away for recycling by the men in dark coats.
:twisted: :twisted:
As I suspected I was right about everything.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I'm doing my bit for the environment by recycling dead dinosaurs into a harmless gas plants need to survive, I should get a government grant for it!
Private signature, do not read
Jazoli

Post by Jazoli »

I don't want a car for life, as they invariably wear out and need lots of shit replacing.
CBA