End of year (well not quite) Fleet reports? Ill Start :)

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Re: End of year (well not quite) Fleet reports? Ill Start :)

Post by CLINT »

Not bad vans those. The one I thrashed around for a couple of days was surprisingly good.
OMG U OK HUN?
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

I'm pleased to hear some good reports of them.
I've no experience of even being close enough to touch one. I even googled earlier to see what the interior looks like...
Different, was the answer.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

Cheap interiors. No cup holders
OMG U OK HUN?
captain_70s

Post by captain_70s »

I don't think my fleet has changed this year due to lack of funds.

Kept on the street outside the flat:
Triumph Doloshite 1300 - Engine exploderated, new engine in process of being built by somebody who isn't me so it might work when done. MOT/tax exempt.
Triumph Acclaim - Only functional car, rusty as fuck. MOT'd till May.

Kept in a field 200 miles away:
Triumph Dolomite 1850HL - Rotten field ornament, still runs and drives. MOT/tax exempt.
1976 Triumph Dolomite 1850HL - Field based greenhouse.
1977 Triumph Dolomite 1300 - Lean green oil dripping machine.
1983 Triumph Acclaim L - Japanglish daily runner.
1989 Volvo 740GLE Estate - Mobile storage unit.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

8BAK465 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:41 am Ok so its Ocktember but the fleet is dramatically changing here so I though I would start off a thread for everybody to use but I will start as everything is moving at the moment

At last after many years of leasing dailys I am about to ditch the ball and chain :o

Both myself and Sam had dailys me a Gold Diseasel and Sam a Toybota Hibreeeed :lol:

Well Friday just gone the wee Toybota left the fleet after 3.5 years of service.

Sam is moving onto a company fleet car so we have decided to share one daily :mrgreen:

Most of the time im a passenger in the car I dont drive as much as I used to so as we are either in the car together or if i need the car its not that often and I could drop Sam off at work and keep the car for the day theres no real need to have 2x dailys :roll:

With that in mind my Volkskragoned Dieselgate is leaving the fleet too a week Friday after nearly 5 years and 60k of hard abuse!

I will sort of miss the old nail though its not held up as well as previous Golfs they are not made as well as they once where :(

Next in the Cull list though not necessarily before the end of the year Sams Mustang :o

Its still on the fleet but its days are numbered........................

Its Ironic but Sam got it just how she wanted this year by changing the wheel colour to anthacite and ditching the blingy wheel spinners but she has had her fun with it and wants something else. She cant decide on either an older classic or a new car? Cant see the point of new as we already agreed car share but yeh more than likely if its not gone this year it will leave the fleet next year :cry: Its been fun but though its utterly reliable it lacks old school charm and has no soul :roll:

And Finally

Shitey Wobstang II (His Royal Shineyness)

The little arse is staying on fleet cant see me ever parting with the little shit!

It has been a rollercoaster year so far come so much done yet far from finished!

Next year I will get the interior up to scratch,wheels will change and ive decided to ditch the chinese Summit Car and intake for USA Holley and Wieand replacements.

I just want to finish Shitey and enjoy him more :mrgreen:

Paint has now been cut and machine polished and looks amazing!

Ive amounted a small not inconsiderate mountain of raplacement interior parts in better order than mine yet the wrong colour next year they will be recoloured and swapped over ;)

So thats about it! More news on Shitey soon :mrgreen:

Please feel free to add your end of year reports as and when

Jo
Update

Golf Gone,Toyota Gone

Shitey tucked up for Winter ;)

BMW X thingy replaced both GOLF and Toyota had it for a Month its going back its a truly aweful piece of turd!

Polo GTI joined the fleet Sam bought it I get to use it not me responsibility I just get to hoon it :mrgreen:

Win Win

She has bought it as the offer was to good to miss its replacing her Mustang and when we sell the Mustang I get a Van :mrgreen:

Not sure what yet but ill be a propper old thing not a modern piece of poodle doodle :?
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

8BAK465 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 pm
and when we sell the Mustang I get a Van :mrgreen:

Not sure what yet but ill be a propper old thing not a modern piece of poodle doodle :?
Yank tradesman's van by any chance? Can I borrow it for work to see if I can cope with LHD full time?
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

DodgeRover wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:04 pm
8BAK465 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 pm
and when we sell the Mustang I get a Van :mrgreen:

Yank tradesman's van by any chance? Can I borrow it for work to see if I can cope with LHD full time?
Hoping for a Tradesman to be honest but might end up with an Econoline?

But do fancy a slice of Mopar for a change ;)

Borrow the Van or the Mustang?

I could easily cope with LHD its dailying a V8 full time that hurts :lol:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

That's what LPG is for
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

DodgeRover wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:04 pm That's what LPG is for
Can you stil get it? Cant remember the last time I saw an LPG pump?
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

I've had a very drawn out parting with a couple of vehicles this year. I've already mentioned that I sold my P4 in May but it's still not been collected. Earlier I sold my lorry, but was recently asked if I wanted to buy it back: I declined. Here are the 2 of them together, makes me a bit wistful as I had a fair bit of work for both of them, but at one point I had 12 vehicles on the road, too much upkeep.
IMG_20180225_105315880.jpg
IMG_20180225_105315880.jpg (583.47 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
And yes, Jo, LPG is still around, the Rover had just filled up with the stuff.