Tales of the Thunderturd

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: Tales of the Thunderturd

Post by mercrocker »

You owe yourself some good time with this after all the hard work....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

I think I have actually managed to sell the turd but by Christ was it a battle. The bloke said he would be there for 10 so When I got to the workshop I decided I wouldn't start it and then he could hear it start from cold. This proved to be a big mistake !! Any way fast forward to 10.30 and he messages to say he is just leaving see you in about 2 hours. 3 1/2 hours later and I am pissed off so messaged to say that and went home. As soon as I get home he calls to say he has arrived so back I go. He has a proper look over it as it is on the ramp and is happy with it and then the fun began. I go to start it and the battery is dead flat. Why I have no idea as it has never done that before, chucked the spare battery on and she fires straight up. Then the radiator cap decides to fail and it is constantly dropping water out of the overflow. Amazingly he is still interested so says can we go for a drive, I hop in and go to put it in reverse to find the lever won't move out of park. I was all ready to throw the towel in at this point. With a bit of brute force I found it was the swing away steering column that has never worked had decided to move and the selector will only work when it is back in the locked position. Finally I get it out the workshop and we have a run up the road which went ok. He then starts to chip the price and we finally agree at 7650 which will see me break even. Off he goes and an hour later the messages start about how it is going to cost him a few hundred quid to get it recovered as it won't fit on his 14ft trailer. This means he can only give me 7500 for it. After reminding him we agreed on 7650 he keeps making silly offers until I lost it and said it's 7650 and the price is going up if he wants to keep dicking me around. Hopefully he has transferred a large deposit into my bank over night as I really want shot of the fucking thing now. It just does not want to leave this car it was like it was possessed yesterday. Today I will put the battery back on and check for a drain and get the window that has worked perfectly to go back up after it decided to stick down. I can't wait to see the back of it now and think I will steer well clear of Yank motors now as this is my second one and both have been money pits with little or no enjoyment out of them. I am going to get another one of Crewe's finest now as they are a hell of a lot less hassle than this thing has been.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Fingers crossed
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Well this morning I come in and it started straight up and no water leak. A bit of contact cleaner in the window switch and it's back up. Bloody car
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

That account touched a few nerves with me. Buyers turning up late, endlessly whittling away at the price etc. I have to confess to having been worn down on occasions and letting stuff go too cheap just to avoid going through the same shit again another day. Good luck.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

panhard65 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:42 am Well this morning I come in and it started straight up and no water leak. A bit of contact cleaner in the window switch and it's back up. Bloody car
It obviously likes living with you, I've had a few dogs that acted like that :lol:
Private signature, do not read
richardthestag

Post by richardthestag »

yep! sounds like haunted car doesn't want to leave!

Lets hope buyer doesn't continue to be a dick
"The Dark Wob. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Looks like it will sell now as his deposit has cleared in my account. Unfortunately he wants to pay the bulk of it in cash which is a bit of a pain. I have also found another Bentley just up the road from me which was up for 7800 but he said he would take the 5 grand I offered as it has no mot. It is a better looking car than the one in Crewe with lower miles and much more history. I am hoping to look at it later today.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

This is all looking good.....Has the Bentley been off ticket too long to qualify for the extension, then?
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

panhard65 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:10 am Looks like it will sell now as his deposit has cleared in my account. Unfortunately he wants to pay the bulk of it in cash which is a bit of a pain. I have also found another Bentley just up the road from me which was up for 7800 but he said he would take the 5 grand I offered as it has no mot. It is a better looking car than the one in Crewe with lower miles and much more history. I am hoping to look at it later today.
Can't he pay it into your bank account in his local bank?

If I remember correctly, and I might not, if it's a cash deposit it's immediately credited to your account.
If so he just needs your sort code and account number and possibly name, which he'd need for a bank transfer anyway.