Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
PhilA

Re: Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Post by PhilA »

Nice to see it running properly again. I'm surprised at how clean that car is underneath, you need to incite some oil leaks for rust prevention!

Phil
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

PhilA wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:25 am Nice to see it running properly again. I'm surprised at how clean that car is underneath, you need to incite some oil leaks for rust prevention!

Phil
Yeh its really clean underneath though there is some rust starting because of the pant job :x
Guy who did it was fond of wet sanding primer :o

But its minimal an can be sorted :mrgreen:

Until the car landed over here it had only known dry states all its life started life in was built in San Jose plant then started its civvies in Los Angeles before going to Sacramento until around 2006-7 when it threw a rod and lived in a barn until it saw light of day again in 2016 and a replacement motor i bought it late 2017 it landed here 2018 and its never been on gritted roads over here ;)

Thats still the factory undercoating,car was a display car for launch of V8 in 75 I do wonder if the did a better job on the undercoating than customers cars?

Hoping as long as i keep it away from winter roads it will stay pretty good?
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

If the factory knew it was a display model then they may have taken slightly more effort, yes.
Either way, dry state cars usually rust from the top down when they're moved, the paint burns off leaving the underneath in good shape and rusty joints and roof lines up top.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

This may be the last couple of updates of dystopian 2020 as after this weekend not having anywhere to store the better of the best trim parts I have accumulated I thought it might be best to screw them back into the car itself then cover up ShiteyWobstang for its winter sleepies 😴

So I screwed back in the original rear interior screen surround,side headliner trims and B post covers.

The C post covers disintegrated shortly after the car landed in the UK and I haven't had any since as did the passengers side A post cover 🙄

And also half of my interior rear quarter panels had fallen apart and also the rear parcel shelf had gone to dust 😢

So Today I replaced Rear Interior Quarters,C Post Covers,Rear Parcel Shelf

The Centre Console,Padded Dash Top,and Wood Effect Dash Inserts all with better items here are before and after comparisons :mrgreen:

Dash Facia Inserts
Drivers side has an extra switch that's not used but putting my EFI display over it so that's no worries.
These panels came off a car that had been off the road in the UK since 1995 but the car being a 74 was slightly different

Passengers Side

Old Padded Dash Top
This was the original that was warped to buggery :( This one was better but dad a quarter of an inch of paint on it don't even think it was vinyl paint? Cleaned it off but that damaged the vinyl texture but its done me right for the past 18 months

Until i got this one which is much better again (Third time Lucky :roll: )

And last but not least the Centre Console of which I forgot to photograph the previous but the old one was the one that come with the previous Dash top! So its now had three dash tops and three centre consoles :lol:

Its like Joseph's Technicolour Dream coat in there but everything is cleaner stronger and its starting to feel like a car again 😁

Only thing left is the A Post covers I need to do some minor repairs even to the best ones over the weekend,

All these parts will be dyed to match original colours in the new year when its warmer.

I have a much better Dash Shell too but that will be swapped over in the new year!

But despite the varying shades it just feels a fresher nicer place to be
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Final instalment for this year :o

After the Holley Sniper EFI was installed and I picked up the car it developed a backfire :twisted:
Everything was checked and double checked and there appeared to be no reason for it :roll:
After a chance conversation with a mate he told me to contact an old mate of his in Melbourne (Yes That Melbourne!) in Australia.

Mick races Holden's and asked me to remove the memory card from the sniper ECU and send him a copy of the map this I did and several days passed as I was contacting him he was off to bed and him replying as I was in the Land of Nod.

Then I get a message with attachment one morning saying load this map up Ive written for you it'll see you right Jo!
And it did!

No more backfire plus plenty more power nice load of torque only two issues now I keep smoking the tires away from lights and Ive found the brakes are hopeless so next year empty bank account again to uprate the bloody brakes!
Boy it goes now it just don't stop too well! :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

That's interesting, I would have thought the sniper efi set up would be self learning
christine

Post by christine »

Yoofs round here pay to get a backfire kit on their motor...
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

DodgeRover wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:05 pm That's interesting, I would have thought the sniper EFI set up would be self learning
They are but something went amiss with the self learning :cry:
Mick who did the map just suggested bypassing the self learning being the time of the year it was and the car soon going to bed for its winter snooze it wouldn't be easier to just write a better map.

There's a basic file that the card comes loaded with to enable first start they its supposed to learn but no two cars are the same one it may learn very quickly another may take longer and I took the cowards option :lol:

Though they can learn you can also upload multiple maps and tell it which one you want it to read.

It also data logs and Mick had asked me to get logs for him so he could see where it needed to be changed for the best.

Runs great though now a real game changer though i think ill get better results when its warmer as there's currently no heater and i freeze to death driving it :lol:
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

christine wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:11 pm Yoofs round here pay to get a backfire kit on their motor...
Yeah there's a few around here like that :lol:
Mind you mine was backfiring through the throttle body :shock:
All good now mind :mrgreen:
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Just realised three years ago today Sam came home from work and I had a Sheepish guilty look on my face 🙄
What have you done she said? I might of bought a car I said 🙄
Suppose we have to go pick this thing up she said?
Not exactly I said
Where is it she said
Oh Didn't I say?
Its in Sacramento I said 🤣