Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Post by Hooli »

What brought that on? I've seen nothing lately to explain it.
Private signature, do not read
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Neither have I so I've no idea.
captain_70s

Post by captain_70s »

Raging paranoia that everything is out to get her?
1976 Triumph Dolomite 1850HL - Field based greenhouse.
1977 Triumph Dolomite 1300 - Lean green oil dripping machine.
1983 Triumph Acclaim L - Japanglish daily runner.
1989 Volvo 740GLE Estate - Mobile storage unit.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

TLDR
OMG U OK HUN?
richardthestag

Post by richardthestag »

sadness 😳

enjoyed this project
"The Dark Wob. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

What with the Lockdown I thought I would post an explanation
I am not paranoid,I don't think that everything is out to get me I had just had it up to here with the whole forum/group thing.
When I first came on the interwebs I thought it was a great resource I still do but its like everything while there's a percentage who want to play nice there's another who don't :(
Yes you can have a thick skin but you get to the point where you cant be bothered any more and originally my hope was to share with you all first on Autoshambles then here a journey to get a car I had always wanted but first over there then over here the ones who didn't want want to play nice spent more time picking out whether I had spelt something right,disliked my font,my font colours,bold type etc etc and one day you just think if people cant just concentrate on the post rather than if I have posted something once before somewhere else or they don't like my font at that point I really couldn't be arsed :(

I felt bad for those who were interested but its like YouTubers I have often heard them say as much as they love sharing everything takes 10 times longer because of filming etc likewise posting a project there's x amount of work you could do in 1 day takes 3 days because your stopping to take photos and before you know where you are your not getting anything done :(

For those who don't give a flying fuck if I post something twice because i do genuinely have a memory problem that's part of the reason it happens,then as opposed to me throwing a tantrum or having a winge as some see it I do get upset because I seriously cant remember doing something at times,those who think its funny should try living with it :( What ever happened to just being nice to people eh especially those struggling?

Anyway what was I saying? For those who don't give a flying fuck about my being repetitive and using hanging offense typeface I will keep you posted if you like and I do apologise for my outburst life is far too short!

Yes I am still Alive,Yes I still have Shitey (who is no longer quite soo Shite) and I have purchased most of the below fine automobile in order to finish the Shite one and its currently being stripped by a mate who is a fellow Mustang II sufferer elsewhere in our Green and Pleasant Land and all those useful bits being wrapped and stored so they can be collected once we are all allowed to travel again :)

Any Questions?

Be Nice :)

[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Is that 'roof mug' an original fitment or aftermarket?
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Hooli wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:17 am Is that 'roof mug' an original fitment or aftermarket?
Its not included in the sale I is Heartbroken :(

Of Course its Genuine FoMoCo ;)
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I wouldn't buy it without the mug being included!
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Hooli wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:42 am I wouldn't buy it without the mug being included!
That belongs to my mate who is stripping it :mrgreen:

Its a shame its a really early car built in 73 but its rotten but the interior is pretty mint apart from the odd cobweb and it needs a good scrub!

I am getting all the hard parts Dash,Insert,Rear Cards and some other trim,Badges,some Glass etc hes getting the motor and mechanicals.

Being an early car it has the dash mounted Wiper Switch and Tell Tale but the dash inserts ate mint so my plan is to change the tell tale lens and fit a different switch and use it for another purpose?

The inserts are getting soo hard to come by Beggars cant be choosers id rather have nice trim and an extra switch than the correct one that's de laminated

The Interior initially is going to be several different shades but will be recoloured later but I would rather have that than it be all broken and brittle :roll: