Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
cros
The Elastrator

Re: Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Post by cros »

If I don't have a motor like this one day I'll have thrown my poxy life away. Them seats, jesus christ alnighty. That's a like.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Joy of Joys

The ungrateful shite is spending a little longer at my Tame Mechanic's place

He is now sporting new Brake flexis,starting better not belching out coaldust yet staying idle at lights etc Yah!!!

The propshaft was removed turns out though the UJ had no play the roller bearings in them were seized :cry:

Back one has been replaced but oddly enough the front at the transmission tailshaft end coulnt be replaced as all the ones available are too small?

Its like this isnt the original prop as no standard Mustang II Items will fit :?

So the Prop is off again and hes sending it out to his prefered prop place they will fit new front UJ and balance it too.

He put it back on breifly and has reported the vibration doesnt appear until near 80 now so its improved ;)

Sadly Transmission is slipping not sure why? and engine is over heating because the fan clutch has spit its dummy so ive ordered a new one (fan clutch that is not dummy) :lol:

ATF level is ok a rebuild may be on the cards? I could do without the expense right now but hey ho such is life!
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Unpineappling of engine can soon commence

Ive been waiting for these bits for nearly 2 months now :shock:

Surface Mail from Canada :cry:

But now here in UK :mrgreen:

Sadly its Parcelfarce delivering them :evil:

You think all the people who had replaced them over the years it would be easy to get originals?

Nope!

After much searching these were the best deal from Canada.

Hopefully they will clean up?
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Junkman

Post by Junkman »

I'd have them powdercoated.
Supply Chain Disruption

1957 DKW 3=6 Sonderklasse
1967 Renault 16 GL
1983 Renault 4 TL
2001 Mercedes E240
2002 Datsun Dice
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Be very careful with this and insist that they don't get any of that stuff on the inside. Engine oil will wash it off and thew bits get where they shouldn't - this mistake cost someone with a stunning mint Golf GTI Mark 1 £2500 for an engine rebuild.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Im just going to strip them and paint them,biggest problem is finding one company selling Ford Corporate Blue both in a tin and Aerosol? its one or the other :(

I did a BMC Engine once with Moss paint used brushable for the block and Aerosol for the Tinwear and it came out lovely :mrgreen:

I find for tinwear the Aerosol gives a more pleasing finish but for the block brushing paint to be best ;)
Junkman

Post by Junkman »

The colour can be approximated by them car paint shops.
Supply Chain Disruption

1957 DKW 3=6 Sonderklasse
1967 Renault 16 GL
1983 Renault 4 TL
2001 Mercedes E240
2002 Datsun Dice
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Incoming :mrgreen:

Little things mean so much!

When I got the car one of the window winders had no knob Ooo Err Missis and the other had a part broken one until it crumbled :cry:

They were mainly looking like this

Where the broken knob attatches was sharp and we kept cutting out fingers on it :x

The missing bit is clear plastic but is supposed to mimic cut crystal glass :mrgreen:

Well..........................

Ta Da!!!

Bit of Brucie Bonus as the ones ive found had black knobs and were around £12-15 each but these were listed at £2.50 each!!!

Say Whaa :o

You see they were seconds but looking at them I couldnt see why?

Turns out the manufacturer greases the hole (its like a carry on film this!)then presses the rotating knob in that runs on the grease but of course these were as solid as concrete :evil:

so ended up rejects as once pressed in they cant disassemble them :roll:

Doh!!

But you cant stop the will of a Wobber,we are stubborn!

So a solution of WD40/3in1/Lithium Grease mixed so it would wick was administered over night at intervals and next morning they now turn smoothly like the should :mrgreen:

Hoorahhh!!!

The vender had 4 so I bought the lot!

Only needed 2 but you dont let unobtainum spares fall through your hands....................

Anyway the Money Shot

And what nice knobs they are to have in ones hand to twiddle with :?

More Incoming to follow :o
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Incoming Oily Shite From Canadia :P

Bugger I forgot to Photomagraph the Airbox Snorkel :oops:

Tis there but was removed for transit ease.

So after 2 whole months they are here but need much work :roll:

The Airbox is Massooveee compared with the Chinese Open Airbox of much blingness but I dont like the shiny Shizzle :x

In fact so large if I had 4 lids they could be hubcaps!

The Valve Covers were covered in years of baked on Oil :twisted:

Here the top one in the pic the one with emmisions label the oil is so baked on the outside nothing is shifting it :twisted:

The insides of the two lower ones are not too bad.

But the inside of the other two :shock: :shock: :shock:

Somebody didnt change their oil as per the book :roll:

I bet the engine they came from was real Cherry :lol:

I must admit I got a can of my favourite 3 in 1 Engine degreaser which will normally do 2 engines at a push 3?

But its now empty and had to buy a second can but at least the thick of its off!

Hopefully the new can will finish the job off?

And even after that they still have to be Stripped,Treated,Primed and Painted :|

The degreasing is just so they are good enough to handle without covering oneself in decades old Oil and Treacle like Grease!!!!

Im not one for manicuring my nails I think I last used Nail Varnish in about 2005 :roll:

I used to wax my hands now im going hairy like Father Jack :lol:

Nah I can be fussed with all the Girly Stuff because Oil,Because Chipped Nails,Because Wob!!

For hands that do Engines to be as soft as your Arse... With mild black Sludgy Duckhams...................

Didnt take any further pics too dirty to pic up ones camera :(

Will show you how far they come after one can of Degreaser in the next instalment..................................
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

cros wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:21 pm If I don't have a motor like this one day I'll have thrown my poxy life away. Them seats, jesus christ alnighty. That's a like.
You should do it :mrgreen:

I kept putting it of I only wish id done it years ago!

Mustangs II's are at an all time low price wise it wont last forever!

Bargain for a couple of grand shipping and about the same for a car,dont buy one thats been in UK for 30 Years itll be rotten :cry:

Use this to Search

https://www.autotempest.com/results?bod ... =auto&zip=

When you open Auto Tempest Ebay listings and Cars.Com are at the top and often Jackonory Prices :x

Go to this bit lower down

Craigslist Results via SearchTempest

Click open all you will get dozens of tabs open all over American Craigslist

Craigslist Results via SearchTempest

Happy Hunting