Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Post by DodgeRover »

Probably a stress crack or two then from heavy launches
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Incoming Parcel from California via Essex!

At long last my interior Paint/Dye has arrived!!!!! Hoorah!!!

I have tried a little on an unusable piece of broken trim.

Squint and you will notice the left and right re slightly different shades :roll:

Left Hand Side of trim

Sem Colour Coat Ford Medium Metallic Blue Interior dye

Right hand side

The colour its gone after 45 years

Its brighter though I guess that what it looked like 45 years ago?

I can now colour a mix of excellent interior fittings its taken two years to source in colours ranging from the Correct Blue,the Wrong Blue,Light Tan,Saddle and Avacado to all match :mrgreen:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Taken out the Pedal Box so i can paint it and the bulkhead behind it :mrgreen:

Swear words learned?
Hundreds 🤣

Been chasing escaping bushings around the floor got to go get a wiper puller and tomorrow Work will start in earnest 😉

Servo attached by two studs while I do the clean up and hopefully no need to bleed the brakes 🙏

Its one of those moments of "Why the hell have I gone this Far?"

Was a right old Faff getting the heater box out so just decided while I am in there to go the extra mile (or 5000 :lol: ) and teat,seal paint everything i wont be able to get to again.

Would I do it again :roll:

Fuck That Hell No! :lol:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

What a horrible job but it is worth it in the end. Once you get it all clean and painted stick some of those sound deadening pads in there as they are another thing that will improve the car and are next to impossible to fit once it is all back together.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

Heaters are twats regardless of the car usually, I avoid if at possible!
OMG U OK HUN?
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Thanks Guys
That was the plan with the sound deadening and yes heaters are a sod that why I've had non for two years! :lol:
There is one thing i need out and that's the wiper linkage,only thing is I cant get the bloody wiper arms off :cry:
So somebody told me about wiper pullers :mrgreen:
I got one this afternoon,second i tightened it on it broke :evil:
have no idea how ill get the arms off without damaging the paint?
Never had that issue before it had nice paint :roll:
Wipers seem seized on :twisted:
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Its been a busy couple of days

Thursday good weather so decided to dig out old seam sealer power sand the drivers footwell and get it ready for paint ;)

Another Mustang II owner had said so me don't forget to remove the Non AC blank plate and paint behind reseal etc.

What Plate I asked?

AC cars like mine you can feed blower motor air through the vents,whereas the poverty spec NON AC cars its heat or blower air to Feet or Screen that's it :shock:

The vents are just unassisted fresh air and if its AC the drivers side is blocked off (its shared inlet on passengers side non AC)

Anyway I Open it and I am greeted with this

Which was evicted after it being in there for a minimum of 2.5 years????

Thankfully once dried out its still solid just surface rust from the damp held in there :?

With all the eviction drama I forgot to take the Sanding/Degreasing stage pics so have a gratuitous Red Oxide with Zinc undercoat action shot :P

As you can see the floors are solid as but there have been a few leaks owing to failed seam sealer of 70's vintage so I decided to derust degrease and make good :mrgreen:
Besides Ford back in the day put piss thin paint on the inside floors which is why Mustang II's that lived her from day one are no more :cry: and mine has only survived because it lived 43 years in West Coast USA!

As its only behind the Dash/under Carpet/Headliner etc all these areas are being brush painted Bonda Primer followed by good old Rustoleum :mrgreen:

All this was done Thursday only one side for now as welding needed (those stress cracks) on tother side and besides neighbour on holiday so doing that side while i have extra room on that side ;)

As Yesterday was bloody awful I started to refurbish my pedal box components,Sand/Degrease/Undercoat in the confines of the dry porch :roll:

Today I was at it again with the Gloss but as its sticky and slow drying I am doing one side today the other tomorrow :mrgreen:

8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Not as much done today as I would of liked 😞
Flip side of the Pedal Box has been enamelled

And also the footwell in the areas I will not be able to access once the pedal box and column are back in an connected up.

Once back in I’ll do the bits I haven’t yet but are easy to access 😉

In the meantime one of my wiper spindles is damaged so needs must and the open cowl in best blue peter tradition has been transformed with cling film and sticky tape
And here’s one I prepared earlier 🤣

Jo
richardthestag

Post by richardthestag »

great stuff as always, thanks for taking the time to lob it here 👍

much experience with heater units, I am fair convinced that the heater unit is the first thing on the assembly line, hanging from a gantry on a rope. the rest of the car is then assembled around it!

I have had success with this style of puller https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-28mm-Car-V ... 2418891362?

reckon if splines are damaged on yours then it may have fused together or possibly had a visit from mr areldite
"The Dark Wob. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

richardthestag wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:07 am great stuff as always, thanks for taking the time to lob it here 👍

much experience with heater units, I am fair convinced that the heater unit is the first thing on the assembly line, hanging from a gantry on a rope. the rest of the car is then assembled around it!

I have had success with this style of puller https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-28mm-Car-V ... 2418891362?

reckon if splines are damaged on yours then it may have fused together or possibly had a visit from mr areldite
Thanks Richard
Sam Hasn't been too well so car has been stalled again a little though hoping to do a light update today,

Don't think your wrong about the heater its a good job I have become so used to taking the dash out!

should be in receipt of a new (well new to me) wiper linkage tomorrow :mrgreen: