Crash! Bang! Wallop! - Eddie Honda Shirking His Duties Edition

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: Crash! Bang! Wallop! - 2022 Edition

Post by LynehamHerc »

And Merc will be able to sue as well.
He's been mentally pressurised to have a fire escape on his but it isn't even air cooled if I remember correctly.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

HAT-TIP TO STATE TROOPER DODGING BULLET, ONE-HANDED DRIVING AND PIT MANOEUVRE

#pursuit
#tacticalcontact

Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

TAKE A BUS AND STILL HAVE PARKING NONSENSE...AND SMUG GREEN CUNT

#cyclecunt

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/0422/12937 ... aches-bus/
Anger as Sheeran gig coach parking moved further away
Updated / Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 10:38

By Samantha Libreri
Transport operators and concert-goers have expressed anger at a decision by Dublin City Council to move all coach parking for this weekend's concerts in Croke Park to Whitehall in north Dublin, which is an almost 40-minute walk from the venue.

At least 100 private coaches are due to transport around 5,000 concert goers to the Ed Sheeran concerts in Croke Park tomorrow and on Sunday.

Previously, these coaches had been allowed to park on the Alfie Byrne Road between East Wall and Fairview which is about 20 minutes from the venue.

However, the National Transport Authority which is involved in the process of choosing the coach parking location said the road could no longer be used due to roadworks and the objections by cyclists to coaches blocking the cycling path.

A spokesman for the NTA said because they needed capacity to park 120-150 coaches their options for parking were limited.

They said the location had been chosen in consultation with Dublin City Council and gardaí and said that there will be an extensive management system in place with signage to direct patrons to and from Croke Park.

But the country's largest concert coach operator said more suitable parking locations close to the city centre could have been found.

Damien Long, Transport Manager with Travel Master, which is operating 26 coaches from all over Ireland to Dublin for the Croke Park concerts this weekend, said the decision to make coaches park in Whitehall "makes no sense".

He said operators were only notified of the decision in the past 48 hours and that since they had notified customers he had received around 100 cancellations from people such as pregnant women and people with young children who said the distance between the parking and the venue was too far.

He said the decision also meant many companies had to hire additional drivers because extra time involved had implications for the number of hours that drivers are allowed to work.

Mr Long also expressed concern about customers, particularly younger people who were not familiar with the capital, being able to find their way back to Whitehall where the parking will be located late at night.

Green Party Councillor Donna Cooney said she is pleased that coaches are no longer permitted to park on the Alfie Byrne Road, which she said will protect all those using cycle lanes on that road.

She said locating the concert coach parking in Whitehall was the NTA's decision but she questioned if they could have allowed some of the coaches to park in facilities that are located closer to the city centre.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

That state trooper was cool as fuck. The first shot would've had me banging the brakes on and doing a u turn at the first opportunity.

Those cycle cunts need fucking lynching.
BusmansHoliday

Post by BusmansHoliday »

Found this at the side of the road on my way back from the pub.
IMG_20220427_181041220.jpg
IMG_20220427_181041220.jpg (458.13 KiB) Viewed 784 times
I suppose I should* return it to the council, other suggestions welcome.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

A mate works on the council cleansing and does then Coast Road now and then. He often finds those magnet signs that taxis have on the side. The wind must rip them off. Anyway he saved a few up and took them to the taxi office to return them. They never said thanks or fuck all so now he just bins the fuckers.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

BusmansHoliday wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:54 pm Found this at the side of the road on my way back from the pub.
IMG_20220427_181041220.jpg
I suppose I should* return it to the council, other suggestions welcome.
Surely that should be permanently fixed so they can't swap it between cabs?...
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

The ones in town here have the reg, make and colour on them. I suspect that might be an old expired plate.....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
BusmansHoliday

Post by BusmansHoliday »

mercrocker wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:38 am The ones in town here have the reg, make and colour on them. I suspect that might be an old expired plate.....
Rear plates here have all the details on them, this is a front one which just has the licence number.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

No one ever sees the front plate as it's always within 6" of your bumper though.
Private signature, do not read