The Heirloom Laguna Deux - Gone

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: Revival of a free car

Post by DodgeRover »

Anyway going on with revival stories I liked ferguson tractors - I also had any vehicle I didn't own cover aged 16 on my 50cc moped policy.
Queue to £50 purchase of a fergy that had littered a hedgerow for about 10 years about 5 miles from base, a couple of hours spent cleaning points and getting the engine turning saw it burst into life on about 3 cylinders and it made the dash back down the road as fast as possible (12mph).
Another fergy came along, this time from the cricket club where it had languished after being vandalized, a big battery and a can of ether saw that one running, the drive home was more interesting with the loader stuck in the down position and little in the way of brakes, it was faster than the petrol though hitting almost 15mph.

The most epic was a lwb Land Rover that was dragged out of a field after sitting for years and driven home through the centre of Leeds then motorway back, thank god we didn't get stopped or have to tow it as there wasn't anything solid enough to fasten a rope to. I genuinely shudder at the thought of that although I did have 3rd party insurance in place.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Just at in the in-laws for a pit stop and car change. Bought the MG down as going to BL show at Gaydon tomorrow.

I did a quote to see how much a new policy would be on this car. Quite insulted on what they perceived value is!

SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Hooli wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:54 am I was given a phase 2 goona once, I think I was ripped off.
ScaryOldCortina got a free Laguna too. He didn't have much luck with his either.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Here we go: [youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by SiC on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Some (bad) pictures to give you an idea.
My grandad has owned it from new - hence the bonkers spec he ticked on the options sheet! Basically he didn't want top spec as it had leather. Being a life long vegetarian, he didn't agree that he should get a car with animal hide. So instead he chose the model one below top and ticked every box on the options sheet!
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

First start.

(How do you embed videos on here?)
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

You embed them as instructed on the site posting issues thread. (That's your pointer before I resort laying into you!)
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

Ah, you've been ripped off.
Watch for pedestrians...
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

Junkman spec though - what engine is it?
Watch for pedestrians...
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

1.8 so base engine. Trim level is one off top - Privilege.

I would love this family heirloom to be something old or special. Like an old Jag or something. But it's not. I do wish it was a V6 though. I did like my old Lag II v6.

Family wanted to scrap it as they see it as an old banger. For me, I see it as my Grandads car - his last one. There are a few things to sort - MOT first, Aircon has no gas and the gearbox goes into limp mode. I think it's a valve in the valve body, so I'll need to take the side off and pull the valve block off.

The grande plan is to have the Boxster, MGB, a another car as summer cars and have this as my Winter car. A4 will stay as my wife's car and for longer journeys where all we care about is getting there and back without much thought.