Old snotters still at work

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
cros
The Elastrator

Old snotters still at work

Post by cros »

IMG_20190702_124304383_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190702_124304383_HDR.jpg (442.64 KiB) Viewed 2093 times
French market trader's Hanomag still lumbering around. Early ones had a 'b' series engine, but that would be too much to hope for.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: Old snotters still at work

Post by mercrocker »

Nice find, especially in H-H form. A development of the old Tempo Matador, smaller versions of which had the A Series and larger ones as you say the B Series including I think the diesel. I will be loading up the Cowley for a road trip this weekend which seems to knock off 15 BHP, can't imagine what a bloody great market van would be like with that engine..... Went on to be Mercedes-badged of course and I reckon the three-pointed star will be on whatever "powers" this one.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
cros
The Elastrator

Re: Old snotters still at work

Post by cros »

mercrocker wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:03 pm Nice find, especially in H-H form. A development of the old Tempo Matador, smaller versions of which had the A Series and larger ones as you say the B Series including I think the diesel. I will be loading up the Cowley for a road trip this weekend which seems to knock off 15 BHP, can't imagine what a bloody great market van would be like with that engine..... Went on to be Mercedes-badged of course and I reckon the three-pointed star will be on whatever "powers" this one.
I knew a German biker long ago who had the earlier incarnation of these things; not sure what model, but he was trying to make it work and got me to bring over some parts to his place near Bonn. I remember climbing in the cab, looking down at the wretched little A series and asking if it was the correct engine. He sensed my disbelief and said 'Ya, before was smaller 2 cycle' A 34 bhp Minor lump would seem fine against a smokey 452cc Heinkel twin. It's 17bhp had to cope with an 850 kg payload according to Mr Wiki.