USA Road Trip Suggestions?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
PhilA

Re: USA Road Trip Suggestions?

Post by PhilA »

Turo is SoCal only, for the most part. Some will let you go roll up the PCH, others want you to stay local.

Phil
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

Seem to be 100's of cars available in Florida. Looks very good, and such a spread of cars from 14 year old Corollas ($30 a day) to 2021 Tesla 3's at around $120 a day and plenty of Mustangs and Chargers fro $60 to $70 a day.
eddyramrod
The Invacare Destroyer

Post by eddyramrod »

In 2009 I had a Dodge Ram from and back to Atlanta. My road trip took in Memphis, Nashville, Dollywood and Savannah, with a couple of overnights to break up the longer drives; I don't think any one driving day was over 300 miles. Perfectly acceptable on US roads. The Deep South is great to drive across, like a scaled-up Lake District. Since then I've had a couple of Suburbans too and they are just lovely on a long trip. North Carolina (reachable from Atlanta) is nice too; there's a WW2 battleship moored up in a creek that's worth a tour (USS North Carolina, appropriately!). Drive relatively slowly (not enough to hold up traffic, obvs) and you should see some nice old cars and pickups parked here and there. Keep a camera to hand!
Custodian of an ungrateful Jag.
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

eddyramrod wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:06 pm Drive relatively slowly (not enough to hold up traffic, obvs) and you should see some nice old cars and pickups parked here and there. Keep a camera to hand!
That's our plan for wherever we go. Get out onto the back roads and have a look for tye hidden.