EBay Finds

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: EBay Finds

Post by mercrocker »

My mum used to drive taxi spec Consuls like that. Local rank had about five of 'em, all in black. They were boggo basic but smart enough for the local undertaker to hire them for big family funeral processions. Yeah, there is definitely something about big, basic motors - a thing I sadly miss and will never return again. Love that double-decker grille, too - much better than the later satin black granny grilles. 4 pots of these still came with the V4 for maximum shit-power.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Another halfwit, full off hyperbole yet unable to use a camera like an average 5 year old.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-e38-740i ... SwSydeUUlx
Attachments
s-l1600-1.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg (298.95 KiB) Viewed 4515 times
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

mercrocker wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:10 pm My mum used to drive taxi spec Consuls like that. Local rank had about five of 'em, all in black. They were boggo basic but smart enough for the local undertaker to hire them for big family funeral processions. Yeah, there is definitely something about big, basic motors - a thing I sadly miss and will never return again. Love that double-decker grille, too - much better than the later satin black granny grilles. 4 pots of these still came with the V4 for maximum shit-power.
It's what I like about the early Austin 1800. Super basic yet in terms of ride and room, it's truly luxurious.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

mercrocker wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:10 pm My mum used to drive taxi spec Consuls like that. Local rank had about five of 'em, all in black. They were boggo basic but smart enough for the local undertaker to hire them for big family funeral processions. Yeah, there is definitely something about big, basic motors - a thing I sadly miss and will never return again. Love that double-decker grille, too - much better than the later satin black granny grilles. 4 pots of these still came with the V4 for maximum shit-power.
This interests me greatly. Please tell me more, preferably on this thread. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=132&hilit=cabbies

IIRC from my Ford All Cars Brochures from the 70s black was available on the Capri S only?
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

This interests me greatly. Please tell me more, preferably on this thread. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=132&hilit=cabbies

IIRC from my Ford All Cars Brochures from the 70s black was available on the Capri S only?
I believe black was a special order colour at the time (this would have been around 1973). They arrived consecutively registered. I will tell more on the cab thread!
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I was always told that if you knew the right people you could have whatever colour you wanted off the line as a special order.
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

Paging the Reverend...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-BMW-5-S ... SwENVePsGW

Junkman spec, fuelling aside.

My Concerto is dead and this is the only good car I can find on teh interwebs.
Anything to look for? AIUI TDSs are bombproof.
Watch for pedestrians...
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

I know of a very sweet 525tds manual for a bit less than that in Chesterfield. Low owners, low miles, new clutch and really nice.

But yes, this is good if $$$$$$.
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

Yeah, I like it. Unfortunately dad is vetting my choices after the Concerto disaster and I can't have this as it has a 'bad' MOT history, then says he prefers a V70 D5 with twice the miles, no interior pictures and an as bad MOT history. He also said no to a 160k motorway miles Passat PD130 Highline estate that did 10k a year and clean passed it's MOTs regularly because he just doesn't like PDs for some reason. And that was £1k ffs.

This could be fun*.
Watch for pedestrians...
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

What about fixing what you have rather than buying an unknown?