EBay Finds

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
fried onions

Re: EBay Finds

Post by fried onions »

That's fantastic, I love seeing vehicles like that.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

mercrocker wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:06 pm Sadly, the ad copy mentions "camper" and "potential" which doesn't bode well. As it stands, though, absolutely fantastic old thing and I do hope it stays looking like that. The ad copy also mentions Healey engines which is bollocks really as the 100/4 was derived from the enlarged unit fitted to A90 Atlantics. LDs took the straight 2.2 from the A70/Austin 16 line. The LD was I think one of the first pre-merger vehicles to wear both Austin and Morris badges.

I'm afraid this awaits it:
Attachments
tarte-au-citroen-h-van-cafe-salisbury-wiltshire-england-E0W06D.jpg
tarte-au-citroen-h-van-cafe-salisbury-wiltshire-england-E0W06D.jpg (423.57 KiB) Viewed 4219 times
captain_70s

Post by captain_70s »

H vans seem to be out of vogue now, I've been seeing more and more Renault Estafettes seeing that useage.
1976 Triumph Dolomite 1850HL - Field based greenhouse.
1977 Triumph Dolomite 1300 - Lean green oil dripping machine.
1983 Triumph Acclaim L - Japanglish daily runner.
1989 Volvo 740GLE Estate - Mobile storage unit.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

They may go out of vogue but by then they will still be fucked up by the bearded, twat-haired cat-flap brigade. Which just means they will start ruining other vehicles, unless we all do what I do and studiously ignore the pillocks and make instead for a good honest burger-and-tea trailer or decent hot dog van.

See also Piaggios, "shepherd" huts and fucking horse boxes.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Exactly. The same way we all need to complain and avoid places too stupid to use plates when serving food too.
Private signature, do not read
John F

Post by John F »

mercrocker wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 pm They may go out of vogue but by then they will still be fucked up by the bearded, twat-haired cat-flap brigade. Which just means they will start ruining other vehicles, unless we all do what I do and studiously ignore the pillocks and make instead for a good honest SAUSAGE SARNIE and tea trailer or decent FISH & CHIP van.

See also Piaggios, "shepherd" huts and fucking horse boxes.
Edited for proper British food, not that seppo guff :-)
On the road:
1998 Disco 4.0 V8 (manual)
1994 Vauxhall Calibra 3.0 V6

Running but need fettling:

1986 Honda CBX750F
1991 Maserati 222 SE
1990 Yamaha XJ900F

Tax & MOT-exempt, woohoo!

1982 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

Hooli wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:39 pm Exactly. The same way we all need to complain and avoid places too stupid to use plates when serving food too.
I was served coffee in a disposable cup at a place that had China. (Crocs, not Ed). When I refused it on the grounds that it's wasteful and unpleasant to drink out of there wasn't the slightest recognition of the stupidity from staff or the queue behind me.
Another cretinous idea is serving grub in miniature buckets, on bits of slate with flags and other shit stuck into it or stacked into piles with sauce daubed 'artistically' around the plate. Given that I regularly see kitchen staff out the back amongst the bins and sucking on a tab, the last thing I want is them to be building a little house out of my fucking chips.
Washing up will likely be deemed unsustainable in the future so expext food to be slopped into a communal trough where customers will eat it like pigs. They won't baulk at getting their snouts in as long as a celebrity cook says it's OK.

Edit- awfully sorry to have wondered off topic here- I'm senile you know.

Post by Guest »

Cros, you would have fitted in well with the group of grumpy, autistic, engineers (including me) at a pub recently. We were there for a leaving lunch* for a colleague. The nice thatched pub had recently changed hands. The new owners obviously couldn't afford plates as we were served food on a motley collection of slates, boards and frying pans. "Would you be so kind as to put mine on a plate" was the politest request. The beer was good, as the lunch extended into the afternoon/evening, but we haven't been back.
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

Guest wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:42 pm Cros, you would have fitted in well with the group of grumpy, autistic, engineers (including me) at a pub recently. We were there for a leaving lunch* for a colleague. The nice thatched pub had recently changed hands. The new owners obviously couldn't afford plates as we were served food on a motley collection of slates, boards and frying pans. "Would you be so kind as to put mine on a plate" was the politest request. The beer was good, as the lunch extended into the afternoon/evening, but we haven't been back.
I can forgive a lot for a nice bit of thatch and decent beer mind. Even slate is better than those wooden boards though.
64A60

Post by 64A60 »