EBay Finds

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: EBay Finds

Post by Warren t claim »

NorfolkNWeigh wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:30 pm I remember being quite disappointed when I found out that the Sportshatch only had the cosmetics from the HP Firenza not the running gear. I once owned a 2300 Viva and that was seriously disappointing, I thought it was going to be a cut price RS2000- it wasn’t . I sold it to a neighbour who had it for a couple of years using it to tow his Sprite Musketeer.
Just looking at Vauxpedia, none were ever sold new to the public, all started life as Luton management cars or dealer demos.
Interestingly the production figures for Firenza and Sportshatch were both about 200, I always thought the Coupe was more popular and the hatch a rarity.
The only Sports Hatch I ever saw in the wild was whilst watching a Silver Jubilee firework display in Eastham, Wirral. Thinking on, it could have been a Vauxhall management car as their Ellesmere Port plant was three miles up the road.

IIRC, only 206 Droop Snoots were made.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Mu much-despised Mother had a Firenza 2000 in that gold colour they did, it replaced an HC Viva which was a good car. The Firenza used to take about 4-5 seconds from a cold start to put the oil pressure light out with an occasional rattle for company, never seemed to do the car much harm and did it from nearly new so...

I drove it into the fence at the side of the house which did it no end of no good. It was in the way when I wanted to get my Moped out and the dopey old cow had left it on full lock so not my fault at all, no Sir, not down to me!
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

If I recall from my CF days there was a problem with some oil filters not allowing full flow until after a good few seconds. When I went to the dearly-departed motor factors over the road the old fella brought out some VW element when I asked for an oil filter. "WTF's that?" I asked. "Fits" he said "and your oil light will go out straight away". Bloody did, too....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

mercrocker wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:32 pm If I recall from my CF days there was a problem with some oil filters not allowing full flow until after a good few seconds. When I went to the dearly-departed motor factors over the road the old fella brought out some VW element when I asked for an oil filter. "WTF's that?" I asked. "Fits" he said "and your oil light will go out straight away". Bloody did, too....
Fat lot of fucking use it is telling me now, it was 40 years ago! Oh and I didn't give a fuck then as I hoped it would burst into flames killing the occupants so long as it was only her!

Actually, thank you for informing me, I did used to wonder and only had a couple of Vauxhalls (and then as company cars so not my problem) as a result. Always thought Vauxhalls were crap but... the ones I had were fine cars and never gave a moments bother! Bias and belief, bad things.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I've a soft spot for Luton rubbish myself, also mostly on the strength of company cars but my old man had one or two from the Turnip Patch - his 2000 Victor estate was a nice old thing.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Other than a poxy Omega and a bastard VK commodore Holden my Vauxhall experience has also been good. Would buy a proper Viva as the kids first car.
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Attachments
Polish_20220529_091953261.png
Polish_20220529_091953261.png (995.47 KiB) Viewed 657 times
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Japanese imported turd edition?
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I like all the caveats at the end.
If I don't like the look of you and stab you it's your fault and you'll need to pay me damages.