Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by LynehamHerc »

Move back down south?
It's warmer there.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Being a rufty tuftly Yorkshire biker, when I first came down here I spent te entire winter in a 'T' shirt and jeans, couldn't understand why everyone was wrapped up in jumpers and coats/scarves etc. Now, I wear about 15 layers just to take the dog round the block!
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

chadders wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:50 pm Move back down south?
It's warmer there.
It's full of southerners though, I'll take the cold, space and better countryside thanks.
Private signature, do not read
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Did you enjoy my Confessions Of A Motorcycle Instructor thread?

Fancy a go yourself?
das1.PNG
das1.PNG (438.68 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
Here's your chance!
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Fly leas made up for the trousers so they won't break in five months like the last ones. Doesn't modify the original wiring either so any warranty claim is still valid.
received_2924629471142001.jpeg
received_2924629471142001.jpeg (382.34 KiB) Viewed 3098 times
The right angle goes in the bottom of the jacket so the wire coming out the plug isn't flexed. Right over when it presses on my leg. That'll stop it breaking internally this time.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Tested that this evening, worked a treat. As I had to order 10 of each bit to make them, I'll do the rest n carry a spare. Got a couple of mates who might want one too.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I muat confess to inboxing you with a request to see you wearing hot pants but this isn't what I meant.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Did anyone else think that those wrap around heatd grips made by Oxford would actually be of merchantable quality?
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Never tried them as they sounded a daft idea. I can't imagine they don't slip.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Just for a laugh I thought I'd share this tale from the WTC memory banks.

It was 1987 and a 17 year old Warren was due to take his bike test in a couple of weeks. Back then there was a long wait for a test slot as the new, harder, following test was due to be introduced. Obviously I wanted an easy pass which just involved me riding around a road section of local promenade showing correct procedures, ovservations, a feet up U turn and an emergency stop all while an examiner observed on foot with his clip board. I think the pass rate was about 95% and I was confident I'd fly through on my trusty Suzuki GP100.

In anticipation of my certain pass I went to the local bike butchers and bagged myself a tatty Yamaha 250LC for not many GBP to have as my first "big" bike.

I collected it with a couple of friends and in the absence of any transport we took it in turns to push it home. Being clever we took a short cut of jumping on the Mersey Ferry at Birkenhead, sailing to Liverpool and then taking it back to Seacombe Ferry terminal which cut a few miles out of our long push.

When we got back to Seacombe we were greeted by the sight of a long pedestrianised section of promenade pictured below.
ep1.PNG
ep1.PNG (582.64 KiB) Viewed 3076 times
ep2.PNG
ep2.PNG (394.09 KiB) Viewed 3076 times
As the prom was deserted I decided to give the LC a bit of a run to see what it was like as I'd bought it without a test ride. I hop on helmetless and kick it into life. Giving it some I pull away and soon hit 6000 rpm and run it through the gears. I'm like a pig in shit! The thing was so fast compared to my GP100 and I was king of the world!

As I was turning around to get back to my friends I see the headlamps and blue lights of a Merseyside Police Traffic Cavalier heading towards me! Fuck! Now I had no choice but to give it some and fuck off sharpish! I had a decent head start so nailed the Yamaha just as plod hit the sirens. They chased me up and down several side streets until I managed to shke them off riding in between some bollards that put me back not far from my friends. Wondering what the fuck to do and hearing the sirens approaching I noticed a (now bricked up) public toilets. Using brute force and willpower I manage to not just get the LC in the bogs, but also into a cubicle standing on its back wheel!

I rejoin my friends just as plod arrive. The passenger window rolls down and we're asked if we've seen someone on a motorbike! My friends give it their best "he went thataway" and plod scream off. According to my friends, plod never noticed me in the distance until I'd hit the brakes and they saw my brake lights.

We leaave it a couple of hours before retrieving the LC and continue our push home. We made it to about a quarter of a mile from my house when we encounter a certain Mk2 Cavalier! Passenger plod jumps out and puts his hand on the engine of my now stone cold Yamaha. He fucking knows it's the bike they were chasing but without any real evidence lets us go on our way!