Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
NorfolkNWeigh

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

Just spoken to one of my brothers, he’s just left the Aprillia dealer in Colchester after staging a sit in !

He bought an RSV thing on a PCP 2 weeks ago , it went into limp mode on the way home. It broke down again the next day , so he put it in his van and took it back. They fucked about and remapped something and said it’s all sorted. When he got home he got it out of the van and went for a ride- 20 miles and back into limp mode.
He decided he didn’t want it spoke to the Finance Company , they agreed and told him to get the dealer to collect it , they wouldn’t, so back in the van and over to Colchester this morning.
They’ve fucked about all day , quoting company policy this and that and saying it needs an independent engineer, he pushed the bike into the reception area sat down with his sandwiches and flask and told them to all the. police to save time at 5 O’clock when he wasn’t leaving.
They’ve just agreed and given him a letter saying he’ll get his £200 deposit back on Monday. He’s going to get another KTM ,
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Good for him.
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

The RSV4 is a fantastic bike, well, at least it is when it runs. Loved the one we had on test for a couple of weeks, bit uncomfortable for longer trips though.

Not good in this day and age to hear poor service from a dealer, but no doubt this was dictated by Piaggio, who can be absolute shit at dealing with such complaints.

Best of luck in him getting a KTM, as my RC8's were great bikes (for me at least).
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I fitted a siren to the alarm on the HD today. Talk about cheeky costcutting bollocks, they stopped fitted the siren as standard last year. It's three hundred quid it get it fitted by the dealer as they charge two hours labour for it. No idea how they work out it's a two hour job as it took me about an hour n a half & that was with stopping to read the manual as I didn't know how it came apart. It's about an hours work without rushing once you know how to do it. It is well hidden inside the bike, which is a good thing as crims can't get near it to cut the siren wires.

Anyway it's worked, so I feel a bit happier about leaving it parked places I can't see it overnight now when away.

I also cleaned up the throttle bodies for 14, ready to heat up to try & free that bolt. I've got a blowtorch now but my back is killing so much today I've given up & left it for the day.
Private signature, do not read
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

RS update, clutch gasket has arrived, new clutch lever hasn't, picked the only number plate seller on eBay who wants not only sight of the V5 but proof of ID as well, could take a while then.
Mike D

Post by Mike D »

Last week i took my "New Nobber" from my beautiful home town of Great Grimsby on a tour of the south west with a couple of lads from work..

First stop was at Much Marcle to go visit my favourite cider making place.
Screenshot_20220704-150644_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220704-150644_Chrome.jpg (210.38 KiB) Viewed 551 times

Next up was Morte Hoe near Woolacombe, nice campsite there, and Sri Lankan curry at Barricane Beach
20220626_171602.jpg
20220626_171602.jpg (874.16 KiB) Viewed 555 times
From there it was on to Crantock for 2 nights, with a very wet day trip to Land's End
20220628_160508.jpg
20220628_160508.jpg (693.31 KiB) Viewed 555 times
One of my favourite campsites next, Bay View Farm near Looe
20220629_160628.jpg
20220629_160628.jpg (653.44 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Then headed back up the country. Stopped overnight near some disappointing rocks
20220630_155556.jpg
20220630_155556.jpg (598.85 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Stopped off the next day for a bite to eat here.. priciest sausage bun ive ever bought but it was very nice
20220701_140122.jpg
20220701_140122.jpg (910.66 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Final night in Cropredy near Banbury, and back up home the next morn.

Scores on the doors for the trip...
20220702_161149.jpg
20220702_161149.jpg (408.4 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Weather was about 50/50 sunshine or siling rain

Fuel cost was about £65, Beer cost substantially higher. 9/10 would nobber again :D
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Put some shell supreme or whatever in the c90 for the first time earlier. What a difference it pulls loads better.
Very windy here today which makes another big difference. 35mph flat out in a head wind and 50+mph with it behind me. It wanted to go a bit more but was sounding stressed.
Love my new piss pot helmet too.
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

Mike D-what is the comfort like on the new Cubs? How many hours a day were you riding? What is their cruising speed?

Good going, I do like doing tours on something small now and again
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Got my throttle bodies apart with the help of a blow torch tonight. Rebuilt them having found bugger all wrong except a few bits sticky with dirt.

No change.

FFS. I'm ignoring it again for now till I think about it a bit more.
Private signature, do not read
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

What do we think about this?

Motorcycle training could be set for a dramatic overhaul if proposed changes from a new consultation come into place.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) launched a consultation into proposals to improve motorcycle training on 30 December, focusing on a wide range of aspects of the learning process.
From instructor assessments, simplifying the Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) and taking the theory test before the CBT, the consultation will look to gather comprehensive feedback on the whole training and learning cycle for riders.
In total there are nine areas of motorcycle training that are being looked at in the consultation:
1. The instructor qualification process
Currently, instructors have to take a CBT and direct access scheme (DAS) assessment to teach however under new proposals, instructors would only need to complete a single assessment.
After this single assessment, instructors would be able to provide training for all categories of motorcycling.
There are also proposals to limit the length of time an instructor can hold a valid instructor certificate. Currently it last for four years, however the length of time this certificate is valid for is currently being discussed.
2. Trainer quality assurance
Mandatory quality assurance checks are being discussed for instructors who provide road-based instruction, rather than checks purely for CBT instructors.
Any instructor who fails a standards check would have two more attempts to reach the minimum standard and if they failed to do so they would then have to pass the motorcycle instructor qualification assessment again.
3. Revised CBT syllabus
The current CBT syllabus is made up of five parts and has remained unchanged since it was introduced in 1990.
Proposals are being discussed to reduce this to four parts by merging elements B and C, practical on-site training and practical on-site riding.
The consultation is also proposing a renewed focus on equipment and clothing, as well as steering and filtering.
Clothing already features in the CBT however there will be a more intensive focus on safety clothing to ensure those being trained are working the required clothing.
It’s also being proposed that steering should be taught as a specific skill in the theory and practical elements of the CBT, with filtering also being added to the theory element.
4. Progressive access training course
A progressive access training course is being proposed, which would see the introduction of further training, rather than another test, for anyone who wants to move from a smaller engine motorbike to a larger one.
This new training element would replace the practical test but cover the exact same elements and last for at least seven hours.
Currently, a rider under the age of 24 who has held a licence for two years can take another test on a larger motorcycle, meaning they can ride the most powerful bikes at the age of 21 if they pass their first test at 17.
5. Restrictions for riders that complete their CBT on an automatic
Learner riders can currently ride an automatic or a manual even if they have completed their CBT on an automatic.
The new proposals suggest restricting learner riders to ride an automatic on the road if they used a twist and go to complete their CBT.
instructor giving tips to beginner during their CBT (700px)
6. Six penalty point limit
One of the biggest changes proposed in the consultation is to revoke a CBT certificate if a learner rider gets six penalty points during the period that their CBT certificate is valid.
This would bring the penalty point system in line with what happens to new riders and young drivers who have full motorcycle and car licences.
7. Moving the CBT online
Currently, the CBT system is a paper based one. The consultation is proposing a move to an online system, allowing for things like:
• Immediate issue of the CBT certificate
• Immediate update of the rider’s driving licence
• Ability to send out reminders when the CBT certificate is coming to an end
8. Theory test before the CBT
At the moment, riders can take the theory test from the age of 16, if you’re learning to ride a moped, or 17 if you’re learning to ride a motorbike.
Riders can however complete their CBT and be on the road without ever taking the theory test as it only becomes compulsory when you look to take a practical test.
The consultation is proposing a change to make all learners pass a theory test before taking their CBT, in order to improve their theoretical knowledge before the get on the road and to encourage them to take a practical test rather than riding as a fully fledged learner on a CBT.
The consultation acknowledges that this could put riders off taking the CBT therefore making the theory test a part of the CBT course has also been put forward in the consultation.
9. Earned recognition for training bodies
The consultation is also considering the benefits of an earned recognition scheme for Approved Training Bodies (ATBs), which would identify those ATBs whose instructors consistently achieved high standards.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.