Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by brandersnatch »

No idea why there are two of the first one. The silver one later became the black one with Rover V8.
Also that little lad on the Yamaha is now 30. Bloody hell I'm old!
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Mine was purchased due to me unable to manage bikes anymore. I was not looking out for one until my mate mentioned he was selling his and reminded me I jokingly told him when he bought it a few years back I want first refusal and here we are! Love the stack pipes on second to last one. I'm hopefully painting chassis olive drab in mine too.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Jooly wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:16 pm
bub2006 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:10 pm 2 wheels good no doubt. Three wheels betterer though!IMG_20180513_150102.jpg
Fuck me, what is that?
In a bit more detail it's a 1983 reliant Rialto GLS estate. Body shell removed,cross bar for handlebars,BMW front seat and ford Ka rear seat. Uses reliant steering arm,box axle and engine all in the original chassis. Engine and box is from a 1988 robin. Mileage on clock is just under 70k but I'm not sure if that's the original Speedo,Speedo from the car the engine was removed from or just anything from another reliant stuck in the hole!
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

I got mine, the car engined ones, when my kids were small so that we could still go to bike rallies etc. The bike based ones belonged to my late wife.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I've wussed out & ordered a heated vest today. The Keis X10 is on offer for £95 off sportsbikeshop & I've only heard good things about them. I've had enough of shivering on long rides unless it's summer, so finally splashed out on one.

It should arrive tomorrow so I'll see if it fits & get it wired up for next weekend.
Private signature, do not read
Jazoli

Post by Jazoli »

I managed to score a triple laminate textile suit from FB marketplace yesterday for £30, a bit of a bargain, one piece leathers and a one piece oversuit are too hot and sweaty, plus none of my old stuff fits as I've lost weight.

I've changed my username slightly for here, was Jazoli over there and everywhere else.
bub2006 wrote: In a bit more detail it's a 1983 reliant Rialto GLS estate. Body shell removed,cross bar for handlebars,BMW front seat and ford Ka rear seat. Uses reliant steering arm,box axle and engine all in the original chassis. Engine and box is from a 1988 robin. Mileage on clock is just under 70k but I'm not sure if that's the original Speedo,Speedo from the car the engine was removed from or just anything from another reliant stuck in the hole!
Its certainly different, very different ;) I'd like to say its gorgeous and lovely and make cooing noises but I can't, I'd still want a go, but would have to wear a full face in case I saw anyone I knew!

I fitted a QS to my bike the other day, and it caused all sorts of issues, it took me 3 hours to fit the bloody thing, which I managed without scratching the tank or leaving any marks on the new bike, so then had to remove it, took 90 minutes once I knew how the bike came apart, I also fitted a rad guard which added 20 mins onto the time taken.

Last edited by Jazoli on Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBA
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Ahh, that's who you are! Ello mate.
Jazoli

Post by Jazoli »

Ello, thought I'd make the move over, seems like a nice place, I'm just avoiding any threads that have anything to do with the other place as I can't be arsed really :)
CBA
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

It's very much a used trike. Doesn't get babies or polished. Doesn't live in a garage or even get covered up. It's an honest ratter that gives the wind in hair feeling I miss from bikes and just works. Family and friends love it and it's well known in the rat and custom scene. Made it onto centrefold of Triker mag a few years back too.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

After a mere decade of saying I'd do it I finally fitted a relay fed ignition switched aux feed on my 14 today. I also added a small ebay box that provides two USB power points, this runs off the switched feed along with the heated grips and power lead for my new heated vest.

If I haven't mentioned it before the heated vest is a Keis X10 as the sportsbikeshop have them on offer for just* £95 currently with a free controller. Without the controller they just run at max, it gives three settings which should be handy. Max current drain is about 1.8amp so not much of a load on the bike & I've heard lots of good things about them. If I turn into an utter wuss it's possible to daisy chain trousers, gloves & insoles etc all off it. Watch it get really warm now so I can't test it for six months...

It took a bit of faffing to find somewhere to put the relay without needing to take the tank off, but it tucked neatly under the corner of the tank in the end. I already had a switched feed out of the fusebox identified as that's what the heated grips had run off for the last 11 years, so it was just a case of making it all fit in neatish.

The fag lighter in the pics is still direct off the battery. It might be handy as a backup supply etc if this lot plays up.