Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by Hooli »

AMCrebel wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:31 am
Hooli wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:39 pm people 'stage 4' these. That's a 128" set of pistons and barrels, up from the standard 107". That's 1,745cc to 2,098cc
Off topic but reminds me of Perkins diesel engines as fitted to my old van 4.108 = 4 cylinders and 108 cu inches.
I'd never known what their numbering meant till now..
Private signature, do not read
Jerzywoking

Post by Jerzywoking »

AMCrebel wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:33 am
Jerzywoking wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:53 pm Yep. Severe shortage of tyres here. My mate spent two hours ringing around, and even then I had to ride 45 kms to get them done.

The Slovakians and Polish we spoke to over tye last few days put the blame for this (and many other things) on the Ukranians. You don't see any Ukranian flags flying here, there is no love lost between them.
Eh? How is Ukraine's fault that mad cunt decided to wreck their country?
The Slovaks we spoke to think the the Ukrainians ruined their country financially. Hence why there seems to be very little public sympathy for their current predicament. I didn't want to go to much further into it, as I was a guest in Slovakia.

But the only Ukrainian flag we saw was depicted on a very large billboard with the words "Meir Unkraine" (Peace Ukraine) printed on it. Except most of "Ukraine" had been torn off and painted over. Do Slovakians want Ukraine destroyed? I would hazard a guess that some do.

Anyway, the Roadtecs are excellent, and I am very pleased I could not fit Dunlops again.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I was puzzled by this relationship so did a bit of research.
As usual in that part of the world borders having moved over time seems to be part of the problem.

2000-01-01_relations-between-ukraine.pdf
(35.48 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Marketplace sellers why bother advertising if you aren't going to reply to questions? Nice FZ750 and an Exup near me, neither are replying. Why have 80/90s bike prices gone mental?
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Jerzywoking wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:06 pm
Jerzywoking wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:53 pm Yep. Severe shortage of tyres here. My mate spent two hours ringing around, and even then I had to ride 45 kms to get them done.

The Slovakians and Polish we spoke to over tye last few days put the blame for this (and many other things) on the Ukranians. You don't see any Ukranian flags flying here, there is no love lost between them.
The Slovaks we spoke to think the the Ukrainians ruined their country financially. Hence why there seems to be very little public sympathy for their current predicament. I didn't want to go to much further into it, as I was a guest in Slovakia.

But the only Ukrainian flag we saw was depicted on a very large billboard with the words "Meir Unkraine" (Peace Ukraine) printed on it. Except most of "Ukraine" had been torn off and painted over. Do Slovakians want Ukraine destroyed? I would hazard a guess that some do.

Anyway, the Roadtecs are excellent, and I am very pleased I could not fit Dunlops again.
If you want to hear some real top draw hatred ask a Slovakian what they think of the Roma.....
Jerzywoking

Post by Jerzywoking »

DodgeRover wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:17 pm

If you want to hear some real top draw hatred ask a Slovakian what they think of the Roma.....
Quite, you just have to look at the videos on YouTube/Google of Lunik 9. But who is at fault for the fucking mess it is in? The Slovaks or the Romanians? Bald and Bankrupts video summed the place up well, but doubt he will ever go back.
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

Thanks - interesting perspective - I don't mean to derail the thread.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
Jerzywoking

Post by Jerzywoking »

It is AMC. But then that's the beauty of the Dark Wob, the range of comments on all threads.
Jerzywoking

Post by Jerzywoking »

20220526_141925.jpg
20220526_141925.jpg (538.79 KiB) Viewed 606 times
Hooli, you ever been to Zagreb?
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Nope, but it looks worth a visit :lol:
Private signature, do not read