What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: What did you do today?

Post by paulplom »

Deffo flat as a japs face.
Attachments
20201018_143625.jpg
20201018_143625.jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 2799 times
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

SiC wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:02 pm Different schools of thought. Personally I prefer not to run them up as there is increased wear from cold oil and also rich mixture getting fuel into the oil.
I agree about that. I'm just looking at it as when it was on the road the shortest runs it used to do were about 15 miles and a lot of them were a lot longer, going to Northern race circuits like Croft or days out to the Lakes. So these are just offsetting those to an extent. Yeah, the logic is a bit suspect but it's my version of man-maths.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Reminds me of my MK1 MX5. That used to seize up the alternator pulley if sat for a little while. Made a lot of smoke on startup as it stayed stationary. Cracking it off with a wrench got it going again until it was sat again.
LynehamHerc

Post by LynehamHerc »

paulplom wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:45 pm Deffo flat as a japs face.
I've read about bananas helping other fruit to ripen but not batteries to charge.
On a less smartarse note I've had a couple of batteries that my C-Tek wouldn't charge, apparently they were too flat.
If you use a normal charger that can get enough into it to subsequently use a C-Tek. This may not make sense scientifically but a few years ago there were quite a few comments on the web about it working and it worked for me then. I can't remember the C-Tek I had then, I think that it was a 6, so maybe things have improved.
dean36014

Post by dean36014 »

Fitted a tracker to the Jag. Can now remotely disable the fuel pump and ring the car for a location. Quite enjoyed fitting it. It's not a top spec system, or indeed on the insurance list but wanted it for piece of mind. Will be handy for those senior moment days when I can't remember where I've parked it😁
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

chadders wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:56 pm
paulplom wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:45 pm Deffo flat as a japs face.
I've read about bananas helping other fruit to ripen but not batteries to charge.
On a less smartarse note I've had a couple of batteries that my C-Tek wouldn't charge, apparently they were too flat.
If you use a normal charger that can get enough into it to subsequently use a C-Tek. This may not make sense scientifically but a few years ago there were quite a few comments on the web about it working and it worked for me then. I can't remember the C-Tek I had then, I think that it was a 6, so maybe things have improved.
I've heard about that. Also if you join two batteries together then use the ctek, that can work. I used to have the aldi version but snapped this up at a carboot off a lady for 2 quid. I'm not sure she knew what it was. I reckon her hubby may have blacked her eye when he found out.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Had a busy on today. Changed the T25 alternator belt, waxoyled the latest welding repair (why didn't I do that before it fucking rotted?), put the bedding back in. Cleaned the Focus, painted the shed, wrapped up a present for grand-daughter Series V, went to an antique fair and bought Mrs Rocker a doll and now I am about to create a masterful spagbol. Fucking all-rounder, me and not at all bad after a night on el vino after I ran out of beer.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Very busy. You've more than earned your right to get pissed.
LynehamHerc

Post by LynehamHerc »

Maybe pop up to Liverpool, quarantine willing, and spend a day totally fixing up Warren's new place?
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I'll do the boiler on the cheap.