What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Hooli »

Nice collection of toys there.
Private signature, do not read
Jerzywoking

Post by Jerzywoking »

Hooli wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:28 pm Nice collection of toys there.
He runs a plastics company from the same premises. Turns old plastic crates, tarpaulins, builders bags, plastic sheeting, etc., that people pay him to take from them, then turns it all into plastic pellets that he sells on to companies for injection moulding. This process is nearly all automated, giving him time to work on his vehicle projects most days. Clever bloke.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I wonder if thats what they do with uPVC window frames to get rid of them?
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

They're being fragged and turned into new vinyl records

Looking at history it's cyclical.

Records > catsuits > window frames. Repeat
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

DodgeRover wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:30 pm I wonder if thats what they do with uPVC window frames to get rid of them?
They're good burners on the stove if you can be arsed to cut them up.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Never bothered trying as there's usually a fair bit of metal in them
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Exhumed the merc and took it, me and the two mutts to Vennford reservoir yesterday. I do like the Merc and it is so very different to the jag, a good pairing maybe? Also, along Moors roads are a lot narrower which is bloody helpful! had a pretty good time though ended up walking both ways which was way too far for me and Chester was a tad knackered by the end as well.

Belladonna on the other hand must have run at least ten times further than Chester or I walked/crawled as she was up and down the hills, into the water running about splashing and then shooting past us. Rinse and repeat.

However, she will not swim! A bloody Labradog that doesn't swim! She did once when she was wading out to get a stick I'd thrown for her but what she didn't realise was she was walking along a large flat outcrop and when it finished, in she went and she had to swim back to the shore, so she CAN swim, just doesn't want to!

Merc was great fun, roof off all the way (and back) and the dogs are actually better behaved in it than they are in the Jag where they have loads of space, both of them settled down and went to sleep on the way home.

Had a bit of a race with a newish Honca Civic type R though he was hopeless on the narrow lanes and I was only fast because... I was keeping close (as I could!) to a Nissan Micra, the driver of which obviously knew the roads like the back of his hand! To be honest it was childish and irresponsible and bloody great fun! When we got to a 'proper' road with two carriageways myself and the Honda blitxed the poor Micra and went silly speeds for a minute or two...or rather I started to and then the wind got in the car and there were (empty) poo bags blowing around and bits of paper that Bella had been chewing on the way all this detritus was flying around madly, so I quit but the SLK had the legs of the type R on acceleration anyway which surprised me. Still he passed me while I was trying to keep some crap IN the car and buggered off while we pottered home at strictly legal speed.

I managed to get lost and had to ask for directions of a yokel which is mightily embarrassing as I've lived her for 35 years and been on this road/to this destination a hundred times. Why is my sense of direction so fucking dismal?

Good fun though I nearly missed the GP as I was so tired I kept falling asleep! I hate being an old criipple it is really tedious.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

A world record, posted the above YESTERDAY and it just appeared now when I logged in!
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

You're living the dream man.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

paulplom wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:03 pm You're living the dream man.
I do wish so was true, but there are days where life seems really quite pleasant. Then days like today where I feel like I've already died just no one informed me!