What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
panhard65

Re: What did you do today?

Post by panhard65 »

Had the Bentley and Fiat delivered today. How the lad hasn't ended up on Eddies crash bang wallop thread I don't know. He had one of those dirty great eastern European trailers that must run near a ton on it's own. Twin axle and very solid built. On it was the Bentley which run about 2 1/4 ton and the Fiat 127 only about 800kg. What artic was he towing this with you ask. A fucking Range Rover !!!!!!!!! Do these modern ones have some amazing towing capacity as I thought they were all 3.5 ton, no tacho either and he was off to Europe again in the morning with 2 more cars. I can't see him staying in business long but he did the job.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

We bemoan the ossis but they deliver the goods.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Aye, when it's not jacknifed on the N104 with the Bentley on its roof......Glad they got here safely, though. Fiat looks interesting.....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

I will do a proper write up tomorrow. The Fiat is a lovely looking little thing but nowhere near the mint condition the seller said it was. The brakes are sticking badly and I think it is leaking oil really badly. It does have all the proper rally gear though except for proper harnesses and seats. At least I fit in it which was one of the big worries when we bought it as they are not exactly big cars. The bloke I bought it with is over 6 foot so hopefully he can get in it as well.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

20201206_173051.jpg
20201206_173051.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 2885 times
Added an extra 400 lights to the porch.
20201206_202911.jpg
20201206_202911.jpg (3.47 MiB) Viewed 2880 times
Put the tree up too

Phil
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

Caravan finally went today after a very convoluted process.
eBay were no fucking use, sold twice on there.
One Eastern European winner didn't turn up the first day due to "vehicles issues" and sounded so inept I cancelled the sale and made plans to go see a mate on Sunday.
Sunday, about half way to my pals, half hour from my house, 45 minutes to the caravan, I get a call.
"My friend is at gate, he can't get in, he pick up caravan."
I message back words to the effect of, "for fuck sake! I told you I don't live at the storage yard and to arrange collection before setting off! I am 45 minutes away, I'll turn round."
Turn round, meet collection fella.
He goes around the thing photographing every detail and sending to the buyer.
The thing is listed as spares or repair/trade only, so I smell a rat, take the key out the door and wait for the inevitable argument about condition.
Soon, I'm shouting down the phone to the pole smoking gibbon about him being a cunt and chase his pal out the yard.
Half a tank of fuel and an hour and a half wasted.
Cancelled the sale with relisting enabled.

Unfortunately, it was last night, at half eleven, they saw fit to relist it for me, so, by this morning, I had eleventeen bullshit messages and a sold caravan.
To a new account with zero feedback...
Great. Cancel sale again...

I've had the yard owners boy trying to sell it on Facebook as well, he's had a few offers, one of which was violence if he didn't sell to them, amongst others. However, this morning, he came through!

Phone rings...
Yard owner - " Got 5 Romanian gypsy here, wanting your caravan."

Me- "OK, £800, no less."

Yard owner- " They offer £750 and are showing me the money. They're new style 20's, real money."

Me- " Sold "

Sick of selling shit now. I fucking hope the Mercedes buyer shows up. I have my doubts though. Messaged him earlier and no reply, to give him the option of backing out early. (Early still means, a week late, in his case!)
I'd rather know now as I have to go Norfolk this weekend to drop Wuvvum home and, if he's not coming I can enjoy the seaside in the winter and test the comfort level of an unheated camper and a fucking expensive sleeping bag.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Commiserations on a world full of cunts.....I was lucky enough to sell my vintage caravan on a specific forum which garnered exactly one response but he came (during the first lockdown) and paid cash in full but he was a nice fella so I gave him back his diesel money.

For reasons you have precisely outlined, my Mercedes went to auction after twenty or so twat messages on Ebay and Carandclassic - things like "Is Cat good please" No you foreign cunt, the ad clearly stated "pre-Catalytic Converter model" and all sorts of chancers making idiot offers.

Nothing else I own is for sale - the last thing that went was an MOT fail Fiesta to a local scrappy for £180, thank you very much.

I'll become a male prostitute before I list a vehicle on Ebay again.
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

I wouldn't air that last resolution on here!
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

It's OK here. I wouldn't have said it on the beige, though.....
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

I am glad it's gone. Had positive response from the other buyer, so, hopefully, he turns up with the money.
I still have a Peugeot 205 STDT to sell. I'm not sure I can be arsed, it's worth saving but is it worth enough money to be worth the hassle of selling a project car?
Not sure, hence, it can sit where it is, as it eats no meat there.