What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
PhilA

Re: What did you do today?

Post by PhilA »

chadders wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:47 am At last we've got something that you're not brilliant at, unless this is a ruse and you'll post a show quality paint job when you've finished it.
I'm no good at rust. I don't like paint; aerosol silver is not great to work with.
Unfortunately I can paint ok. I just don't like it.

Phil
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

At last, something I can feel superior to Phil about! I can paint... brilliantly! Well okay, I could 10 years ago and I loved painting cars, spent a fortune on spray guns and a big eff off compressor, also a wind-powered D.A. and a variety of polishers etc. I've even got a spray gun for tiny spots and an airbrush.

Okay, so more often than not it took me two attempts to get the job done spot-on but I didn't mind cos I like spraying. But I will admit, silver can be a right twat, light coats seems to work best for me, don't bother going for a 'finish' with the base coat, it never works just get it even and consistent then go mad with the lacquer and get runs everywhere like I do :)

To be honest Phil, that doesn't look too bad, what's amiss?

Also, sorry if I sound like a twat (even though I am) as I am always MASSIVELY impressed with everything you do.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I hate painting, it's a black art I've got no idea about at all.
Private signature, do not read
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Can you run a modellers airbrush from a normal compressor? Got a couple of models I would like to try to do correctly....
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

I need a paint gun and compressor big enough to run it.

Phil
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
christine

Post by christine »

DodgeRover wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:17 pm Can you run a modellers airbrush from a normal compressor? Got a couple of models I would like to try to do correctly....
yes
christine

Post by christine »

Collected the Grande Punto van. Unsurprisingly the battery was dead.. Jumped it and left it running on the trailer all the way home (an hour ) still too flat to restart when i stalled it after unloading it .

And it left a puddle of diesel fuel on the trailer .Offside front , under the engine bay .. 1st gear is a pig to select , and second not much better ..rear wiper starts on it own when you start engine ... one flat tyre... engine light is on again..
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

1. Put some cardboard down underneath.
2. Pull away in 2nd.
3. Ok, Pull away in 3rd downhill
4. Throw wiper arm in bin
5. Change wheel.
6. Ah. Just fucking scrap it.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
christine

Post by christine »

And............ :shock: a wheel barrow full of mud , ballast ,screws , staples ,live bullets ,spent bullets , dog hair , hay .... removed from (Just )the van bit..and clean its now .. I had to remove the floor and bulkhead to get it all out ! took from 9.30am to 3 pm . It doesn't smell bad at all ,just dirt really , and the van bit is back together .. Tomoz , maybe the front .. knackered :cry:
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

I polished the Bentley today. It does look good but by fuck there is a lot to polish. No doubt it will rain on the way home and look shit again. I also did a bit more to the Deek and now have it running nicely on the electronic ignition and the clutch cable turned up so it now moves under it's own steam. It still doesn't stop as I am waiting for a couple of brake parts to come from Germany. It rewarded all this hard work with a whiff off smoke coming out of the steering column housing. I will look at that another day.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter