What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Tam

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Tam »

AMCrebel wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:10 pm Swapped the boot lids over on my two AMCs - the spares car is actually much better bodily but worse mechanically - I should make one good one really but I don't have time.

DSC_4415.JPG
DSC_4414.JPG
Monogram ZT-T?
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Scruffy Bodger wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:57 pm I picked up 4 wheels and tyres for the 405 for 100 quid. Virtually brand new Michelin Energy's on the right rims in great nick so happy with that.
My only grumble about Michelin Energies is that their great mileage potential is marred by their soft as shite sidewalls.

I've had two knocked out with lumps in the sidewalls, a third one that flexed too much when going down and cords made about 5 tiny punctures in the tread and had to be sacked off and a four that developed two 6 inch long bulges radially in the tread cause the tyre to go lumpy and out-of-round.

Next time it'll be Continental or Vredestein.

(But for only a ton a set, I'd roll them again.)
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

Tam wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:28 am
AMCrebel wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:10 pm Swapped the boot lids over on my two AMCs - the spares car is actually much better bodily but worse mechanically - I should make one good one really but I don't have time.

DSC_4415.JPG
DSC_4414.JPG
Monogram ZT-T?
It's a ZT-T but not a monogram one - quite a rare colour though apparently for what that's worth.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Eddie Honda wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:13 am
Scruffy Bodger wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:57 pm I picked up 4 wheels and tyres for the 405 for 100 quid. Virtually brand new Michelin Energy's on the right rims in great nick so happy with that.
My only grumble about Michelin Energies is that their great mileage potential is marred by their soft as shite sidewalls.

I've had two knocked out with lumps in the sidewalls, a third one that flexed too much when going down and cords made about 5 tiny punctures in the tread and had to be sacked off and a four that developed two 6 inch long bulges radially in the tread cause the tyre to go lumpy and out-of-round.

Next time it'll be Continental or Vredestein.

(But for only a ton a set, I'd roll them again.)
Bugger, ta for that. Looks like I might just wang the old ones in the cellar just in case then as some of the roads round here are fucking horrendous. The 20 year old tyres on the car still have plenty of tread but I do press on a bit in the old girl on occasion and thought it'd probably be a better idea to replace them? I only went with Michelin as they are OE for the car and am trying to keep it totally standard. 405 values are not what they were for some models and it's not a bad one as they go so didn't think it was too bad a deal to keep it right.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

They roll well for fuel, they aren't loud and I like the turn-in behaviour. Higher profiles might be better, I don't know.

Maybe it's like expensive shoes multiplying your chances of stepping in dog shit?
Tam

Post by Tam »

AMCrebel wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:14 am

DSC_4415.JPG
DSC_4414.JPG
Monogram ZT-T?
It's a ZT-T but not a monogram one - quite a rare colour though apparently for what that's worth.
What paint code is it? It still could be considered a monogram if its a non standard ZT colour. Die hards will argue against. I can only think its Seafrost or Ski Blue then. Looks a lot like Horizon though.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Today Mathew, I have waxed and then high gloss sealed my car! I am now officially dead... or at the very least, dying. This is all the stuff my neighbour gave me and I must say, blood good it is too. Unlike my neighbour who sat on my wall and watched as I struggled with wax etc. I dd suggest he should 'socially distance himself' back indoors as he was less use than a severe dose of the clap but he laughed and pointed out the bit I'd missed.

I must admit, even though I did it in two halves ( before dog walks and after dog...) and I can actually tell the difference which I didn't think I'd be able to.

Then, in a fit of enthusiasm, I went and saw Pete the mechanic and booked the SuLK in to have a complete brake service - new discs and pads, calipers cleaned and greased, fluid changed and a general check over. I also asked if he'd blast a bit of paint around at the cleaned calipers etc...

Amazingly, he's going to!

Said he doesn't get may Mercs down his garage as most Merc owners think a scruffy garage is beneath them/their car. I said he's the only 'scruffy bastard' I trust to work on anything! I think he was plased but I doubt if it will get me a discount :(
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

Fixed the starter motor on my Hilux surf.
Been clicking for a while but never failed to start, until this morning.
Pulled it out and bent over the squashed contact to get it working again for now.
New contacts ordered.
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

Tam wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:05 pm
Monogram ZT-T?
What paint code is it? It still could be considered a monogram if its a non standard ZT colour. Die hards will argue against. I can only think its Seafrost or Ski Blue then. Looks a lot like Horizon though.
It is indeed Horizon (IBF), and I stand corrected, that was a monogram colour.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
Tam

Post by Tam »

AMCrebel wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:46 pm
Tam wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:05 pm
It is indeed Horizon (IBF), and I stand corrected, that was a monogram colour.
Holy Shit!! That is the rarest monogram colour there is :o
Only 4 were produced 2 x ZR and 2 x ZT-T. BP54 KBZ was the one pictured in the clubs colour guide? Does it belong to you?

Scroll down to monogram colours
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=20831