What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: What did you do today?

Post by DodgeRover »

mercrocker wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:45 am
Drum wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:59 am The bigger the space, the more shite you fill it with.

I would need one of these

IMG_1470.PNG
That would do me....Push a four-wheeled showman's living van in there for winter habitation (drag it back out in the summer) and fuck the neighbours...
Sounds like a plan to me except I would tend towards a hippy living bus rather than showman's living van so I can hold up the VW convoys when I decide to take a trip down to Cornwall.
Alf892

Post by Alf892 »

Finally got around to getting my windscreen frame painted ready to go in my pickup.

Only had it three years...... and all it ever needed was painting ready for glazing. Finally done.

Just waiting for a new wind out regulator to arrive from US of A and ready to get glazed and fit.

Have decided that this year I really must get some of the jobs done that I never got around to.

All I did when I got it was made it run and stop really .....and been using it like that ever since.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Alf892 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:10 pm
All I did when I got it was made it run and stop really .....and been using it like that ever since.

Pretty much sums up my cars.....I'd forgotten about the pickup though, nice to hear it is still doing it.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

This happened last night but I was in a bit of a fretting and worrying state. My sons mum text me at lunch time saying she didn't feel comfortable fetching my son with the wind and the rain being on and off. I was a bit annoyed with her as we are meant to take turns but it's a 35 mile round trip so I just said I'll bring him home. Steady run down to beeston from somercotes,not much wind but rain was off and on so was taking my time. Dropped him off ok then made my way back. One of the roads I come back across is called cossal lane,run s from trowell through to cossal village if anyone knows it. Windy road with few sweeping but blind bends,I've travelled it many times over years so I know it well. The road is a 60mph but even in dry weather 40 to 50 is the safe limit. I was doing about 30 round a sweeping left hander when there was standing water in the road and the camber was quite severe down to the ditch which runs about 3 to 4 ft from the river. I tried to scrub speed off as best as I could without any harsh braking or steering input but the water was that deep it dragged the car down to the left banking. I didn't see what damage as been done to the car but after paramedics had checked I was ok and my wife arrived the fire crew were pulling it to bits because of the hybrid batteries and electrics trying to make it safe as there was water up inside the bonnet from the angle the car landed and they were concerned of any fire. I could smell oil and I'd knocked 3 wooden posts out of the ground with the car. Going to view it today to see how bad it is. I'm aching and my wrist is really sore but I'm ok.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Bloody hell Bub. Glad you’re ok.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Aching and feeling grumpy. Playing in my head what I could have done differently if anything.
christine

Post by christine »

Excellent ! They even closed the road for you ! https://glossop.online/trafficincident/?id=15111559
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

At least you seem basically OK Bub.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

christine wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:07 am Excellent ! They even closed the road for you ! https://glossop.online/trafficincident/?id=15111559
Jesus that took a while. Accident happened at 25 past 6,police on scene around 7 I left around 10 to 8. Maybe another one since?