What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
8BAK465

Re: What did you do today?

Post by 8BAK465 »

Conrad D. Conelrad wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:51 pm I got underneath today and can't see any sign of leaks. Plus there's still a lot of water in the rad and expansion tank. Plus the rad is in such excellent condition, it's clearly not that.

IMG_7740.jpeg

So I've filled the rad and expansion tank to the exact max lines and I'll keep an eye on it. I now suspect that somehow the undertray has filled with rainwater and it's all swished around when I moved off the kerb.

I tried to remove the filthy expansion tank as per the handbook, but this involves a captive nut so you can guess how that went.
That rad is Epic!

Could do with that in my Mustang to allow cold air to get to my fuel system to stop it thinking its time for elevenses :roll:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

richardthestag wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 pm and watched the cooling system on my daily 3.9 Range Rover purge excess pressure in the coolant 5 mins after I arrived in Devonshite. Fuck HGF then
TADTS, do you know anyone who can fix those old heaps?
Private signature, do not read
richardthestag

Post by richardthestag »

Hooli wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:43 pm
richardthestag wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 pm and watched the cooling system on my daily 3.9 Range Rover purge excess pressure in the coolant 5 mins after I arrived in Devonshite. Fuck HGF then
TADTS, do you know anyone who can fix those old heaps?
Fixed it :shock:

video is coming which will end up being a review of a combustion gas block tester.

Root cause was a 2 month old Beermat pressure cap, seal was made out of cheese :evil:
"The Dark Wob. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I bet it was imported cheese, proper Zummerzet Chedder would last longer than that.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

With the lovely weather the last few days, I've pulled out the Boxster after putting the MGB away for some last of the warm weather fun. Top mounts definitely need replacing very soon now. Not binding up hard but pretty noisy.

Went to Newbury Show. Was alright, but not quite as good as I expected.

Bought this outside light though. Reclaimed from an old boat. Properly heavy duty and well built thing. 85 quid - didn't think it was too bad and I'm happy with it. No doubt making a good margin on it and more expensive than the absolute junk B&Q sells but a lot cheaper than John Lewis stuff which still isn't likely as well built.

Company selling them: http://devonreclaimed.com/
Being Devon based, there is no proper website. Just a gallery then you email him for prices and order.
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

Pulled the cover off the drive system for the PXR and there was thick rubber deposits everywhere.
The belt has been slipping a lot. There are burnt rubber marks on the top of the front pulley as well.
It's a primitive CVT set up, the front pulley closes with revs and makes a bigger pulley and the rear opens up with revs to make a smaller pulley.
The variator roller weights were also past it with some quite severe flat spots on them.
New belt and weights ordered on information gleaned from the internet, as no actual PXR bits were available.
They'll most likely all be wrong.

Post by Guest »

I still haven't had the Chrysler back from the garage so had to go up to Talgarth over the Brecon Beacons in the Kia during today's monsoon. Apart from the bloody annoying gearchange light (when I'm accelerating in third, to try to wind it up enough to pass something I do not need a huge light telling me to put it in fifth), it actually went quite well although I would have been more relaxed in the Chrysler. I had to go to be taught how to use a mapping program, properly. I'm too old for this and finally got home nearly twelve hours after leaving this morning. I'm all learned out, but have to go back tomorrow for the second day. (Probably have forgotten everything from today by then as well) The course notes seem good so far, hopefully as I use it more it will get easier.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Bought a fucking Focus......The 190E which Mrs Rocker has driven for the past 11 years has had three problems in as many months and will now become officially Mine, replacing the scrapped Fiesta as a WBOD. Not only is the Fuckarse by far the newest thing I have owned (it has one of those nonsensical number plates) it is also the 2nd most expensive vehicular purchase I have made. In mitigation, it is a miserable Style spec in Barbara Cartland eye shadow blue and has a commendable array of switchgear blankery.

Nevertheless, I am handing in my Dark Wob reading room ticket on my way out......
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Sorry to hear that...

Although gaining* a 190 is a good thing.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I thought that you had an old Morris and something else or is my memory playing tricks again?