What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
SiC
It's S small i C

Re: What did you do today?

Post by SiC »

paulplom wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:32 am
SiC wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:39 am Screenshot_20220325-083948.png

Realised it's been just over 3 years I've owned this now! I'm a fair bit fatter now too thanks to lack of exercise over lockdowns. 🙈
You're a bit young to be bald?
I'm the short arse in that picture.
Mike D

Post by Mike D »

59Impala wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:13 pm
Beautiful! My dream car that 8-)
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

Mike D wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:05 am
Funny, they've parked the cop car at the perfect "speed trap" angle right there.
I've never seen a building look like that anywhere in Manhattan though.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
Mike D

Post by Mike D »

it's in Langrick in Lincolnshire, next door to the V ATE Diner i'm pretty sure..
59Impala

Post by 59Impala »

Mike D wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:23 pm it's in Langrick in Lincolnshire, next door to the V ATE Diner i'm pretty sure..
Correct, V-Ate is just to the left. That photo is a few years old but the Impala looks the same.
59Impala

Post by 59Impala »

PhilA wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:37 pm
Mike D wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:05 am
Funny, they've parked the cop car at the perfect "speed trap" angle right there.
I've never seen a building look like that anywhere in Manhattan though.
Just past the restaurant is a right turn onto a single lane bridge controlled by traffic lights, no speed trap required :) In the opposite direction a couple of miles up the road there is the tiny settlement of New York, blink and you miss it. I should take a photo of the Impala (which I bought from a woman in Poughkeepsie New York) by the New York sign but would have to park in the road so bearing in mind the attention span of the average driver I would be fearful of being hit by one of them.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... ice=322.25&

I done a buy! Okay, it's over the limit but it's the first Xj that really is lovely! Not silver (bonus!) and the inside is like new. comes with a warranty, new MOT and service from a local dealer that is well respected, family-owned and has been going for years, though I've never bought a car from them.

The first car I've ever bought without even bothering to drive first, looks so genuine (the previous owner traded it in for an XF - fool!) huge portfolio of paperwork and history and only 3 blobs of the dreaded alloy corrosion and all on the leading edge of the passenger side rear door, top, middle and bottom!

Insured it for the 1st of April (£600 a year to tax so I'm not wasting even one day!) for £300 with zero no claims (all on my other car) and just had a great chat with a lovely lass at Hastings direct as the new system with banks screwed the system up and I had to ring them. Really looking forward to getting it... but the sun is shining and the SLK is open top, do I really want a closed car?

Hell yes!
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

That looks lovely X.
I presume it's been approved by the doggies as well?
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

The doggies? The fuckin' DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!! They were a nightmare and I intended to leave them in the SLK, however, they had very different ideas and the salesman (son of the owner) had to come to my rescue as I was trying to hold them both by their collars in two fingers while they twisted and turned to break my grip/digits!

The first words I said to the guy was: ' I'd better buy this effin' car now after this trouble!' so it's just as well I did. To be honest, it's a bit too good to be subjected to the use it's gonna get as the interior looks like it's never been sat in, how that is going to change! I've wanted one of these for a while (ages) but they are so pricy now and always leggy and rougher than advertised, this is neither, thankfully.

Chester will love it, he likes a back seat he can lay full length on while her royal pain in the arse will get used to more space to destroy, possible wall of death around the inside!
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Looks like I'm going out to Oslo, Norway in May for work. What are classics like out there for value and how easy/hard is it to buy? I know it's expensive to run anything out there - including yourself.