Not quite ready for the road yet. That was a little bit naughty driving it up and down the road. Sshhh.
Yes, we have an annual inspection. The car will be tested then be recipient of a sticker in the windshield.
Here, the process here goes thus:
1) Purchase vehicle from current owner.
2) Owner signs title of ownership to you, which must be stamped by a notary and recorded in the state records.
3) Vehicle must be insured with at least state minimum (equivalent to third party only)
4) Vehicle must be registered for use on the roads in the state with the DMV. A fee is paid and a plate is issued with the registration mark. Driver's license, title of ownership and proof of insurance must be provided at this time. If purchased out of state then stamped title is changed to the state it's being registered in.
5) Vehicle must have safety inspection, once it passes it gets a sticker in the window.
(If you cancel the use of the vehicle on the road, cancel the insurance you must turn the plate in.)