MGB GT fettling

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Re: Scruffy's Scrappers

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

CLINT wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:01 pm There's got to be another hub out there somewhere!

As for the back, would it be easier to just make one from scratch? Doesn't have to look original, a flatbed like the Aussie Utes?
Hopefully we won't need one as it's a front hub and obviously 504's were driven from the correct end. As for the back I need to assess it properly first, parts of the rotten panels seem to be made up of straight bits and I've now got access to an old 8 foot sheet metal folder. Better than making them up with bits of angle iron in a vice with a hammer and a piece of wood like I had to do for that fucking Justy. The plans to keep the back looking original at the mo but it might get run for a bit with the bed in place and the sides removed? Early days yet, need to get it moved first.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Looks like I may have found a tailgate for this that isn't bent to shit and possibly two decent doors. A bit of a roadtrip on Tuesday I think? The hub is sadly in more of a mess than I remember. Looks like it may need building up with weld and sticking in a lathe to neaten it back up. Chances of finding a front hub would be pretty much nil I should think unless we can identify what other vehicles it may be fitted to, I doubt Dangel went to the trouble of making one specially.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

Why don't you just contact Dangel direct? They still exist. I'm sure they would know. I reckon they will speak English too but if they don't then they bloody well should.
OMG U OK HUN?
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

I may well do that if we have to but I can't imagine how much one of them would cost. We know of 3 engineering shops locally so may just try and bodge it up for now so it can at least be transported.
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

How is your French this guy has lots of Dangel parts.
https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/735709371.htm/
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

I vaguely know a French chap, but Catsinthewelder knows him better, might be worth having a chat with him.
OMG U OK HUN?
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

panhard65 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:40 pm How is your French this guy has lots of Dangel parts.
https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/735709371.htm/
My French is rubbish I'm afraid and at the mo Google Translate doesn't seem to want to work on the web page either. Doing a copy and paste says they have front hubs in stock tho!
20190329_151344.jpg
20190329_151344.jpg (757.89 KiB) Viewed 3949 times
All the vehicle tags are present and correct so hopefully that's a good start.
I'll see how we get on and message cats if I need to then cheers.
20190318_170308.jpg
20190318_170308.jpg (284.07 KiB) Viewed 3949 times
I forgot the hub was as minced as it is tbh after getting the bearing out ages ago.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

A shopping trip to Somerset today for a less dented tailgate. I asked the Ebay seller if he had anything else before we left, 2 doors in good nick apparently? A deal was done so we set off at 7.30am to go and get them in the Volvo. It's still on go slow when warmed up but managed just over 40mpg!...
The chap had a very rusty 404 pickup he was restoring, talk about patina. He's replaced and patched loads and is going to matt lacquer it and keep the rust. Nice old chap with a history of Peugeot bothering. He'd dug out a few more bits when we got there and threw them in with the deal and told us he had a few more bits in a unit down the road! Another offer was put in for the rest and we came away with pretty much a V50 full.

1 x Not too ropy but needing work tailgate.
2 x Doors with glass and doorcards but missing window winders and mirrors.
1 x Bonnet in much better condition than the one on the truck.
1 x Front grill
1 x complete dashboard but sadly in blue rather than brown.
1 x Front valance in overall good condition.
1 x Side panel off the bed
1 x Front bumper in excellent condition.

I think that's the lot? Best part is all the coloured bits are Orange to match this one and as it was a business seller so I managed to circumvent Ebay so all the cash went in the blokes pocket. :mrgreen:
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Liked for avoiding paying ebay.
Private signature, do not read
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Peugeots really are not your thing are they Hooli. What about 405's made in Britain? Should I start up a separate thread specifically on the Dangel to irk you some more? :-p ;) I've bumped the thread on the beige a few times and all I'm getting is tumbleweed so might as well start up a thread on here, fuck em! 504 pickups are rare enough as it is and this RHD 4x4 one truly is a hens tooth, might draw the DWob a bit more traffic?
I've also been in touch with Ian Kirkwood the club Peugeot chairman who as it turns out is also their parts man. He's got all the microfiche for anything Pug apparently, including the Dangel stuff. He reckons the hubs have been NLA for years but I suggested a low volume manufacturer probably wouldn't have gone to the trouble of casting things like hubs and may well have used ones off other available vehicles at the time. He's looking into it to hopefully find a Dangel anorak who's in the know.