Scud. Oh.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
SiC
It's S small i C

Re: Scud. Oh.

Post by SiC »

Ours is permitted too and free. But only 12 visits. I'm not usually that efficient at organising myself to get a van loaded for that. Plus only allowed one bag of rubble without charge. Might have been useful but probably no more useful than our A4. All bad excuses I made in my mind so I didn't get moaned at by Mrs SiC for buying yet another vehicle, even if it was a bargain and potentially useful...

Tbh a vehicle like my neighbours Berlingo is probably something useful for this sort of stuff too. Possibly similar size inside once you take the back seats out?
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Mine can go to the tip but I had to get a free permit from Somerset council. When I did go to the tip no one asked for it which was annoying after I went to all the trouble of downloading and printing the thing. Not sure of the score in North Somerset mind. I have 4 new tyres for one as well if it needs any, I picked them up free from someone in Yatton. It is a great van and very economical but it could really do with a turbo as it is painfully slow pulling away even empty.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I've got a couple of mates running the taxi converted examples that have covered over a third of a million miles with little trouble.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Our local tip is free permit with a van just don't take the piss with loads of construction waste.

Took a massive load of rumble with the other halfs maverick I didn't realise how much until it was very very light on the steering and it took me a good half hour to unload.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Cumbria County Council requires a permit. Free, but one per household, per month and you have to list in detail all the shit you have on board.

But if you have the version with windows, no problem, just breeze in and out as much as you like.

(edited to correct council)
Last edited by Eddie Honda on Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Apply for a neighbour and try listing a few things like rat urine soaked bedding. Human waste. X-ray materials. Contaminated sharps, flakey asbestos or possibly worst of all plasterboard...
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

I recall someone taking the piss with the call handler...the temp got sacked.

https://www.theregister.com/2006/12/18/waste_disposal/
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

I’ve never understood why tips don’t want rubble or plasterboard. Both are 100% recyclable and generally revenue generating if not cost neutral as there’s always a market for hardcore to bung into something?

Here there’s proper bays to dump rubble out of a tipping trailer and dedicated massive skips for plasterboard which is curiously ground up and made into new ones.

Less annoying tag line.
Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in.
red5

Post by red5 »

Ours has plasterboard and rubble skips...
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Ours takes plasterboard ok, the skip firm will take it but only if you keep it separate or have a skip full, unfortunately the way the world is now if a load of rubble had a bag of plasterboard in it they say the whole lot is contaminated and can't do anything with it as supposedly it does bad things to the ground water when crushed up as MOT type 1.
It works the same if the plasterboard had tiles stuck to it, it can't go in one skip or the other.