The Shagpile is on Order Dance Boogie Wondervan!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: The Shagpile is on Order Dance Boogie Wondervan!

Post by paulplom »

My dad used to roller paint his wrecks regularly. I bought a blue mk1 golf off him back n the day. The fucker overheated on my first commute to Newcastle. Not the first time the cunt ripped me off.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I used a 4" roller on mine, the finish wasn't amazing but it was easy to touch up after dragging it over rocks off road.
Private signature, do not read
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Went out to do a bit on the van this morning and got the fright of my life!
As I opened the locked door two eyes were looking at me!
There’s a cat asleep in the middle of the sound deadening I had recently taken off.

I don't have a Cat!

Wasnt on the Invoice either :roll: :lol:

Couldn’t work out where it had got in until it made a dash and jumped out of the gap around the engine!

Of coarse no dog house fitted :roll:

It is now!

So Yeah Catgate

So after trying to first remove the drivers seat and failing I managed to remove the passenger seat which had four odd bolts of varying sizes 🤬

The Gawd awful door cards are going!

On a positive note once that seat was out the way the floor is very solid underneath the seats and I don't think I have Rabies :roll:

Note the space space to the right of the ATF dipstick is where the little bastard checked into Boogie Wondervan Moggy Hotel without a reservation :roll:

I moved it the seat clear and promptly fitted the dog house over the motor!

I had been planning on removing the front grill for repair when I discovered the feline stowaway so had moved the indicators to one side which promptly fell out of the grill as I discovered they were not connected to anything 🤣

Its all going well 🙄

All in good fun ill tackle the grill tomorrow as long as I don't find any strays in the van 🤪
Cats?
Dogs?
Chickens?
Who knows?
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

I had a similar cat problem the other day when out on a breakdown. I had parked the van with the side door open next to the one I was working on. I had only been there 5 minuets and I turn round to see a big fluffy cat sat on my dashboard trying to get into the pack of biscuits. Sneaky bugger came in over the seats but at least I caught him before he had my biccies away the little sod.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

panhard65 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:53 am I had a similar cat problem the other day when out on a breakdown. I had parked the van with the side door open next to the one I was working on. I had only been there 5 minuets and I turn round to see a big fluffy cat sat on my dashboard trying to get into the pack of biscuits. Sneaky bugger came in over the seats but at least I caught him before he had my biccies away the little sod.
I was more worried my intruder had shat itself in there but it think it had just come in from the rain he will get a shock when it tries it next and is confronted with a huge fibreglass barrier :lol:

Don't think there's any shat or piss in there id of been able to smell the stink :roll:

At least ive removed one nasty seat :mrgreen:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

No pics on this update I am afraid :(

Just my thoughts and getting a plan together for the Boogie Van

At the moment the van is full of crap in the back and it has a seized door so waiting on lock rod repair kit ;)

Once I can get the back doors open my neighbour is having the wood and there's even thicker ply on the floor he can have too but its been there forever and I want it out :roll:

Ive sent off for my Registration to the Doovla,where the van is at the moment it cant be moved until its Registered then I can do more with it :mrgreen:

So where its sat my plans are to clean it to within an inch of its life once all the disease ridden wood,carpet and sound deadening has gone.

I then plan on degreasing the engine,I did a small section and the Chrysler blue is mainly intact under there :mrgreen:

I just want it clean to be easier to work on,idea is if all the years of oil grease and crud are housed off its gravel under the van so if i make a mess ill just rake it over :mrgreen:

When the engine is clean and all the interior surfaces have been thoroughly degreased I am thinking of repainting the floorpan much like I did in the Stang.

Zinc Red Oxide then hard wearing Enamel,there's a good chance ill have to power sand the sections between the ribs inside the van to get rid of the 46 year old concrete like adhesive?

I will just blow over the sections I need to in order to seal the surface once at this stage and the van can be moved it will be the outside to be taken care of.

I like Patina I really do but I have no idea what this van is painted with so its better I start again.

Most my neighbours are great but there's two troublemakers a nosey old trout and a snob and the van being one uniform colour will take away any chance of complaint :roll:

The roof can stay as it is until I come up with a better plan as they cant see the roof easily but the rest will be generic gloss black.

And unless I can come up with another plan I will be Rattle Canning the thing :o :shock:

There's a great Gloss Black I have used before its single stage high solid and I can get 12 cans for £37 or 24 for 60 ish :)

Just need loads on and it can be wet flatted and Buffed :)

The large door less drivers side to the cargo area is daunting but there's enough swage and body lines to hide mistakes in the rest of the van is nicely split into smaller zones like doors wings and while the bonnet is wide its very shallow so as long as I can do the large side I can do the rest in smaller zones :)

So yeah that's about the plan being held up by UK registration and clips to facilitate opening of the battered rear doors.

Planning on taking the grill off over the weekend and trying to repair it?

Nothing to loose eh :roll:
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Rattle cans will look shit. Black epically so.

Sand it all down and roller it in a light colour such as pale grey/blue/beige etc. Non drip gloss even better. A mate and I rollered an old Sprinter in pale grey, looked pretty good.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:43 pm Rattle cans will look shit. Black epically so.
That sounds like a challenge :lol:

My mates Mustang II painted entirely with rattle cans plenty of coats left for months to fully harden wet sanded and machine polished.

Photos don't do it justice :roll:
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

Rattle cans go on super thin. Rollers thicker, and that's a lot more forgiving in a hurry. Particularly if you wouldn't like all your windows, car, neighbors petunias etc to be speckled in black...
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

PhilA wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:53 pm Rattle cans go on super thin. Rollers thicker, and that's a lot more forgiving in a hurry. Particularly if you wouldn't like all your windows, car, neighbors petunias etc to be speckled in black...
I have to work with what I have Phil,Nosey troublemaker neighbours a snob who calls my cars eyesores dont have a driveway just shared car parking I have to do bits when I can and aerosols can be ready to go when I have an hour free away from prying eyes.

Because of the Logans Run situation were have all been forced into I can even find somewhere else to do it as if I did I wouldn't be allowed to go there.

its becoming like the twilight zone :roll: