The Shagpile is on Order Dance Boogie Wondervan!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: The Shagpile is on Order Dance Boogie Wondervan!

Post by mercrocker »

Having seen the level you went to in the Mustang I think this will be looking really good in time for summer. I don't think van tax is confined to Mopar, I had the same issue when running my CF a few years back - too many people chasing the bits now. You'll have something really worthwhile at the end of it, though.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

mercrocker wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:08 pm Having seen the level you went to in the Mustang I think this will be looking really good in time for summer. I don't think van tax is confined to Mopar, I had the same issue when running my CF a few years back - too many people chasing the bits now. You'll have something really worthwhile at the end of it, though.
Best bit with Vans is you can fashion bits together its like for instance these were often supplied with no door cards the ones on it as home made but had it now so ill repeat history and make my own :mrgreen:

Mechanical stuff is pretty cheap its just light lenses,trim that sort of thing oh yeah the wiper switch is a bit eye watering I think that's why it is missing?

At first I thought somebody had nicked the sunvisors and mirror but now realise that there's a good chance it had an overhead console and somebody nicked that with the visors and mirrors attached :roll:

Can figure out the wiring but wondering if i could ft a non Mopar switch to operate the wipers and washer pump,that said i have no washer bottle or pump either :shock:

The fitting out etc doesn't phase me its getting the little things right first the basics stop go steer lights etc.

Just being lazy at the moment as its freezing :roll:

By the way for all those playing along at home the Van was originally Black and Black it will be again as its Cheap :lol:

There may be some metal flake too ;)
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Black works for me!
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Have you seen the Cold War Motors boys boogie van?
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Yes the CWM Boogie Van is ace :)

There will be some gold in there somewhere ;)

Thing is got to tidy it up a bit I wouldn't mind the Patina look it was my plan originally but the paint looked like it would buff in the sales pics but it wont :(
Thought it was Mold on it that would wash off but to be honest it turned out to be numerous paint jobs showing through from various blues to epoxy primer back to black.

The last owner from 86 was a painter and decorator I think it could possibly be household paint?

So Sanding it down to black making good the thin areas to start with to blow over Black then a single stage generic black paint will make the paint job cheap and a good base for Metal flake fun and frolics :P

I was originally thinking Metallic Green but for once me and Sam are OK with Black,it was Black so why the hell not :mrgreen:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Household paint? what sort of lunatic would paint a car in that?

I once did a LR in Glidden (cheapo dulux trade make) gloss, it worked quite well.
Private signature, do not read
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Hooli wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:50 pm Household paint? what sort of lunatic would paint a car in that?

I once did a LR in Glidden (cheapo dulux trade make) gloss, it worked quite well.
I think this may be emulsion :?

I can see this fighting me all the way its even hard to get anything like decent thickness carpet these days and the colours!

Talk about Boring :roll:

Cant buy 8 tracks no more,they've closed Tandy and apparently Elvis thinks he's Dead :roll:

Whats the world coming to?
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Hooli wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:50 pm Household paint? what sort of lunatic would paint a car in that?
Dollywobbler. Has lasted quite well to be fair.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

fried onions wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:14 pm
Dollywobbler. Has lasted quite well to be fair.
That was the reference :lol:
Private signature, do not read
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

8BAK465 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:04 pm.

Ive avoided vintage pineapple Volkswagens and now have been introduced to the wrath of Mopar Tax :twisted:

Oh well i will keep you all posted :)
Mopar tax...in Australia they have an abbreviation for a person of a certain ethnic background who owns a Valiant Charger they are restoring.

TAVO - Tight Arsed Valiant Owner

I'm not even Greek and I'm still looking for a Charger but I've dropped right into the mind set...