The Shagpile is on Order Dance Boogie Wondervan!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Broccoli

Re: The Shagpile is on Order Dance Boogie Wondervan!

Post by Broccoli »

Hope you are having as much fun planning and doing it, as I am reading about it!
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

If I had a neighbour who called my car and eyesore I’d be thinking ‘eyesore? I’ll show you eyesore!’
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Can you run a hose from the exhaust into his letter box?
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Love it yeh would love to but then again its easier just winding them up with such fine examples of automotive art :lol:

Moving on Today :roll:

Ive been locked out of the rear doors of the wan for a week after the clip on the end of the lock rod fell to pieces with age it was just brittle 😞

After searching for replacement clips and seeing ones with Mopar Scene Tax and Thinking “How Much!!!” I decided to look for an alternative. I bought some random ones they were two small 😕
Trying to fit them they just broke 😕

I then measured properly and found some reasonably priced generic ones which turned up today Hoorah 😁
They fitted perfectly on the rod but refused To go into the hole on the lock 🤬

After several hours of swearing and even managing to slip and put a screw through my fingernail right through the middle drawing blood 🩸 from the skin under it I gave up, just then my neighbour walked past and said
You do know you push the clip into the lock first and then push the rod into it 🙄
4 Hours wasted blood running down my hand I tried the suggested method and it went in first time!
You only get it wrong once don’t you 🤣
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Also pulled out the cowl vent today I really wanted to remove it completely but couldn’t get the wiper arms off as they are seized on 🤬
But managed to get it open enough and using a screwdriver a scraper and wearing gloves managed to remove decades of leaves and the odd rodent nest or two 🙄
Will post up pics once I can finally get it done properly but this is what I found behind it 🙄

[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
christine

Post by christine »

I'd plant that in spring time and see what grew .. Tumbleweed probably..
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

christine wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:09 pm I'd plant that in spring time and see what grew .. Tumbleweed probably..
:lol:

photos don't do it justice its was like a cross between mud,dung and clay :roll:

My plan is to fit some fine mesh behind the vents so there's still airflow but leaves ad trigs cannot get in there ;)
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

I’m amazed they let it into the country with all that vegetation stuffed away in it!

I’m looking to bring a car in the other direction, and have been told the underside needs to be clean enough to eat my dinner off!

Still, the power to weight of the Boogie Wondervan seems to be heading in the right direction!
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Broccoli wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:25 pm I’m amazed they let it into the country with all that vegetation stuffed away in it!

I’m looking to bring a car in the other direction, and have been told the underside needs to be clean enough to eat my dinner off!

Still, the power to weight of the Boogie Wondervan seems to be heading in the right direction!
I am used to it there was half a Zoo living in Shitestang!

They think a squirrel had been living in it at one point as there are nuts everywhere in it including in the frame of the hood that you just cant get out :(

The little bugger got them in somehow but they wont come out :twisted:
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

No Play Today :cry:

Normal Service will be resumed when somebody turns up the heating :lol: