WReXless now chirpy cheap Jeep, Nein11 & Ghia

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.

Re: WReX Wagon

Post by Guest »

I can testify that the original 7 was a bit cramped. I know the Caterham is slightly longer, possibly slightly wider. Still one of my favourite cars, it made the drive to work fun, totally impractical as an only car, but I was a lot younger and much slimmer then so I coped with it.
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

Thanks both. I lived with a Westfield as my daily driver when I lived in Hythe in Kent. It was an SE so for the fuller figure.
This one isn’t a wide body, so is a little more cramped and unlike Hythe, everything isn’t a mile and a half away. It was one of those cars that I shouldn’t have ever sold.

Still it should be fun for messing around in on the weekend (assuming I am able to get it approved here for the road) and maybe even for teaching the young un about car control (even though the steering wheel is on the wrong side).

To say I’m a little excited is an understatement. I actually woke up at 1:00am this morning wondering about where I can get LHD headlights from for it. :)

Post by Guest »

They look like standard 7" headlamps so your chances are pretty good. Mine was so old it had Butler headlamps,you could leave them on main beam and not dazzle anymore, or see for that matter, I sometimes had to check that they were actually on.
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

Guest wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:37 pm They look like standard 7" headlamps so your chances are pretty good. Mine was so old it had Butler headlamps,you could leave them on main beam and not dazzle anymore, or see for that matter, I sometimes had to check that they were actually on.
Sounds like the WReX.
I actually got out of the car a few evenings ago and checked to make sure my lights were on. A couple of the cars behind me had thrown such big shadows over me, that I thought that both bulbs must be out!
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

[youtube][/youtube]

I got suggested this vid on Youtube a while back so assuming you'll be ok with legalities, especially as yours is over the 25 year limit.
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

Thanks for that.
I hadn’t seen that before. I’m sure in the US, recording 120mph on video can be used against you!

This is one of the main drives for my car buying - in fact this will be the second car I’ve bought thanks to Chris Harris reviews!
[youtube][/youtube]
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

So, bitter/sweet day today.
No car payments anymore (yeay!), but no more F Type R (boo).
At $200 a month for insurance and typical Jaguar depreciation bullet only just dodged, probably a good thing!
Just in time as the Caterham ships today from Southampton.
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

Shipped on the 5th and landed today!
Just need to get it through customers and trailered from Baltimore to Minnesota - oh and hide the credit card bill until after Christmas…

In other news, I gave a guy looking for a 911 a call a few days ago, and it looks like mine will be living in Canada soon. Another bitter sweet car sale. Still, what with selling the Jag and if the 911 goes as well, the bank balance will be a little healthier and all car debts can be paid off.

Now where’s that eBay link…

The WReX is soldiering on. A shade under 20k miles in a year with only one catastrophic breakdown so far. I call that a win. :lol:

On with the snow tires since the white stuff returned this weekend.
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

The guy buying the 911 might be a bit dodgy. He has offered to pay by wire or a bankers cheque - my call.
Just seems too easy. I sent him some pics, told him the issues, did a walk around on FaceTime, sent an image of the logbook and the engine and vin number and he is all set to send the $$$.

He has said I can wait for any balance to clear, but I worry about someone turning up the day after the cheque, to take the car away - getting all ‘handy’ about it and then the check being fake or bouncing.

The first time I spoke to him, he was driving another early 911, but I’m still feeling a bit on edge about it. So bad, I even looked at my bloody fortune cookie this evening to give me a pointer - how dumb is that! :roll:
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Just wait till the money clears. If he's genuine, he won't mind.