Fleet Occurrences

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Sri05

Re: Fleet Occurrences

Post by Sri05 »

Hooli wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:16 pm Pic looks like Applecross?
Aye it was, taken last June. It was a disappointingly cloudy day so the view wasn't great, fucking loved the drive though.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Sounds like a good excuse to go back. I got lucky when I went and the views up there are 😎
Sri05

Post by Sri05 »

Scruffy Bodger wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:01 pm Sounds like a good excuse to go back. I got lucky when I went and the views up there are 😎
It's definitely on the list again, the roads up there are just brilliant for a driving trip. Especially with the roof down on the Saab, was bliss.
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

It will likely be goodbye to the Cavalier today. I have someone coming to see it today and if they don't take it, one of my friends definitely will.

It's had its ups and downs (downs all because of shit garages or hard to find parts, not the car's fault) but overall I've had fun with my 2 Cavaliers in 2021. Time to move on though.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I would've loved it but just the wrong time atm.
You'll have no bother selling it for that price. I would have stuck on £500 at least.
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

It's now provisionally sold to a friend of mine from the beige. He doesn't post much there now.
He's had several Cavaliers in the past and misses all of them so it's going to a good home. Should be gone by early next week. I will miss it but onwards to hopefully other interesting car purchases in 2022.

I'm not planning in going out looking for other cars as this year has gone pretty well with just buying whatever comes up that piques my interest.
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

Mojo is at an all time low at the moment.
I sold the Cavalier today and now realise that the remaining fleet is boringly modern.

I don't like the Saab, it feels like a new car to me.
The Civic has an intermittent hot starting issue.
The 75 needs sills but today it shat its front wheelbearing. I thought I had run over a bicycle. I have brought the MOT forward to mid January to see what else it needs before having the sills welded. If it needs too much I've been offered £300 scrap. It has served me well. I won't be driving it again until after the MOT, if I keep it.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Audi except it also has an MOT measured in minutes. I just can't be arsed driving it.
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

A better start to 2022!

Audi passed its MOT yesterday. A fair few advisories for brakes and I also initially failed on emissions. As I've only done 1k in it since the last MOT, it's suffering from lack of use. I had the front disks and pads replaced and after using it more I'll see if the calipers free off a bit more or if they need to be replaced. No plans to sell this one so using it more is on the cards.

The 75 wheel bearing is fine, I think it was the new top mounts creaking but now that I have used the car they no longer do this. Its having some work done on its sills on 21st however I'm sticking it in for an MOT on 12th to see what else it needs first.

The Saab is now in my name and the pain of the £51 per month VED is almost upon me. I'm going to SORN it for now and decide what I'm doing with it. It's having a new thermostat fitted on 10th.

The Civic is fine, it was just me being a bellend with the start button. It doesn't immediately burst into life like the diesel Cav did, you need to press the button to let it crank for a few seconds.

Speaking of the Cav, I am sorely missing it and want another. I nearly bid on an 2.0 Ecotec automatic one last week and it's been relisted due to a no show but I think I should hold off until I get the Saab sorted and the V5 on my doormat.
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

The garage only charged me £20 to fit the thermostat to the Saab but now the car warms up as it should, the needle sits bang on half way and the heaters are toasty.

Now that it gets up to temperature I was also able to give it a wee bootful and it's surprisingly quick for 150 bhp in what must be quite a heavy car. The boot is also big enough to accommodate our 2 scooters which is grand.

The 75 goes in for its MOT tomorrow providing I don't have the 'rona.
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

75 failed on both rear pads being less than 1.5mm thick (my bad) and the OSF wheelbearing.

Not bad at all, I'm quite happy with that. I will submit it for retest on Friday.

I had a visit from my old Corsa today as the current owner was after a better rear bumper than the one on the car, which I had. Its looking and sounding well!