Air con regas?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Talbot

Re: Air con regas?

Post by Talbot »

If you can, find somewhere who will do a pressure test with dry nitrogen rather than a vacuum test. Not only is it more representative of the conditions that you don't want the system to leak in, but also it doesn't risk dragging more moist air into the system and buggering the dryer. If anything, dry nitrogen will get moisture out of the dryer (a bit).
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I still need to organise this for mine, not got as far as checking who's open yet.
Private signature, do not read
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

When I bought the SuLK the air con worked. After a while, it didn't...

I rang around and found a local company who could re-gas and check it out that day so took it down. It all checked out fine and they re-gassed and all was working perfectly. Happy camper. A day or so later, no bloody cold air! I was just going to take it back and complain/bitch and moan when I discovered that there should be a red light on when the air is on, no red light. I pressed the button and behold... ice-cold air blasting out.

When I first found out, I assumed it was operator error but I later learned that his royal fatness didn't like cold air and kept turning it off as he waddled over the centre console to clamber out of the car a nano-second faster than waiting like a good dog!
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

xtriple wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 am When I bought the SuLK the air con worked. After a while, it didn't...

I rang around and found a local company who could re-gas and check it out that day so took it down. It all checked out fine and they re-gassed and all was working perfectly. Happy camper. A day or so later, no bloody cold air! I was just going to take it back and complain/bitch and moan when I discovered that there should be a red light on when the air is on, no red light. I pressed the button and behold... ice-cold air blasting out.

When I first found out, I assumed it was operator error but I later learned that his royal fatness didn't like cold air and kept turning it off as he waddled over the centre console to clamber out of the car a nano-second faster than waiting like a good dog!
:lol: :lol:

Reminds me of when I had a Suzuki SJ 4x4 that kept falling out of second gear off-road. The reason being that Gromit, the Jack Russel I had at the time, liked to stand between the seats so he wasn't thrown about & would lean forwards on the gearstick as he did so.
Private signature, do not read
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

They were terrific sellers.