That awful colour MGB GT

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: That awful colour MGB GT

Post by LynehamHerc »

It's a few years since I had chance to look under the bonnet of mine but I don't think that there is a canister, I've always associated them with emissions gubbins. I vaguely remember what I assume is a breather hose leading from the engine to the inlet manifold though.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Actually mine might not have a canister on the tappet chest breather. Can't remember. Might be confusing my memory with my 1100. Definitely has a breather on the tappet cover though and no PCV.

Probably where all my engine oil disappears to at high revs.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Had the day off work today to give a longer bank holiday off. Mrs SiC said about going somewhere in the Boxster, I suggested the MGB instead. It wasn't a far drive, only supposed to be 35mile but as it's half term holidays and it's a touristy area, there are far too many dawdlers doing 40mph in a 60mph limit. Many also seem to get annoyed when a smelly MGB overtakes them too.

Anyway here is it parked up at Wells.

A cathedral that's covered in scaffolding.

An old car (Riley iirc) that I would love to have.

Some Cygnets

I've just been that my stinky car has made her tired. Reality is probably the heat and hayfever, but it'll get blamed. I actually don't feel that tired but I'm the one that remembered to take hayfever tablets today. 😂

Hoping I'll get to Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet (as in the book Haynes too) this coming Sunday. Yet to manage it in the MGB. First time it conked out on the motorway the Friday before. Then I had my COVID jab the other week on the day before I was supposed to go, but completely conked me out the day after. My sister is down next weekend, so I bet she'll be the one that scuppers my plans!
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

I did think about going to the Haynes again but fully booked until August and they have gone back to the old system where any car can book so it will be the good old focus and fiesta st brigade so I don't think I will bother again. The pre 1980 and post 1980 was a good idea but they decided not to carry it on. There were some really nice rare cars there last time.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

panhard65 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:02 pm I did think about going to the Haynes again but fully booked until August and they have gone back to the old system where any car can book so it will be the good old focus and fiesta st brigade so I don't think I will bother again. The pre 1980 and post 1980 was a good idea but they decided not to carry it on. There were some really nice rare cars there last time.
Yeah I'm gutted they mixed it and I missed the split. They did a Facebook poll and it came back as overwhelmingly that a single event was wanted. I had hoped they would keep a split with quotas on each age but I imagine that'll be difficult to do.

The Chew Valley meet was pretty good though on Sunday. A few modern cars got in and the venue filled up. But according to their Facebook page, next time they're ticketing and limiting to pre 93 cars. Bit more of a trek for you, but decent roads there.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Hayfever's a bastard although it has to be a really high pollen count before I get it. The old dear where I was working yesterday was watching the news and shouted through 'we're going to hit by a pollen bomb over the next few days'.
Pollen bomb, that's a new one.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Telly cunts. Everything's a fucking disaster or worse than the thing that happened before. No wonder everybody's mentally ill these days.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Our eldests hayfever has kicked off this morning as well.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

It's all them yellow cars, attracting the flies, I tell you
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

"Harvest" Gold I can understand but I thought Citron was supposed to keep them away....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......