The Astraslag TDW Slut Car Thread

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Epic Collection. I broke it. (sort of)

Post by Warren t claim »

SiC wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:53 pm Or take the chip out and tape it to the immo ring so both keys work. But don't tell the internet you did that.

Astra G remote central locking will need resynchronizating. Google it and you'll find the dance you need to do. Iirc you put the key in, turn on while pushing the unlock button. Or something like that.
No probs. You're talking to a P38 "Jeep" veteran who's had to input an EKA code.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Can't remember what Vauxhall do but VAG certainly allow an engine to start and run for a second until it trips the immobiliser.

My suspicion they do this to prevent a delay from turning the key and starting while it reads the immobiliser chip. Basically giving a second period where it can finish authenticating and still allow the engine to run. Otherwise the user would turn ignition on, hit start and then have a second or two of cranking before immo is released.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Warren t claim wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:55 pm
SiC wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:53 pm Or take the chip out and tape it to the immo ring so both keys work. But don't tell the internet you did that.

Astra G remote central locking will need resynchronizating. Google it and you'll find the dance you need to do. Iirc you put the key in, turn on while pushing the unlock button. Or something like that.
No probs. You're talking to a P38 "Jeep" veteran who's had to input an EKA code.
Almost got it right.

From the internet
put your key in the ignition or near the ignition if using just the fob switch ignition on until ignition lights are on but dont start
hold the lock button down until the car locks and let go then it will unlock itself, switch off and remove keys.
I believe you need to do that if you ever change the battery in the fob. Probably described how to do it in the user manual.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

SiC wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:58 pm
Warren t claim wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:55 pm

Almost got it right.

From the internet
put your key in the ignition or near the ignition if using just the fob switch ignition on until ignition lights are on but dont start
hold the lock button down until the car locks and let go then it will unlock itself, switch off and remove keys.
I believe you need to do that if you ever change the battery in the fob. Probably described how to do it in the user manual.
Somewhat surprisingly it still has its owners handbook.

In other news, Tesco are selling Redex at £4 a bottle so I treated the Astra to some as I was filling up anyway. I have a private test track that's loosely based on the spec of junction 4 to 5 of the M53 so as I'm sure that the Vauxhall is feeling fit after its prolonged hibernation I decided to let her stretch her legs after resetting the max speed figure on my elderly Garmin. On the flat she managed a respectable 112 mph which is exactly what Parkers guide said was the top speed when new.
christine

Post by christine »

112mph ! Er , mot history , n.s rear tyre cracked perishing, o.s rear tyre cracked perishing ...

Reminds me a bit of going through Dartford tunnel late one night with my mate showing off his new Gordini turbo 5, 95 mph ...and as he went for 5th gear , said " that front tyre your side , has a split in it ..."
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

christine wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:25 pm 112mph ! Er , mot history , n.s rear tyre cracked perishing, o.s rear tyre cracked perishing ...
I've given them a robust inspection and couldn't find any cracking. I have access to tyres at trade prices and if I thought they were bad I'd have swapped them pronto.
christine

Post by christine »

So a Liverpudlian wide boy can't nick a g astra ,even with the steering lock off ?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

christine wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:36 pm So a Liverpudlian wide boy can't nick a g astra ,even with the steering lock off ?
The last immobiliser I could bypass was the early 90s Ford Safeguard system.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

christine wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:36 pm So a Liverpudlian wide boy can't nick a g astra ,even with the steering lock off ?
Although I could show you were to punch a hole in the door handle to gain access though.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

You ought to learn how to on these. They're prone to shitting their ECUs back in the day, so you may need to find a way of hot-wiring it...