Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner (Again)

Post by DodgeRover »

Warren t claim wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:57 am Ponders consuming four Stella and a couple of lines of coke then delegating main agent warranty negotiations to Evil Warren.
Hmm, tale hasn't been told, I think mileage corrections need to occur to keep the warranty in place, just get it serviced independantly between times and make sure they use genuine parts.

Did Evil Warren inform them how important customer relations are?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Hyundai state the following,

Air con is only under warranty for 10,000 miles or a year unless a component failure. Mine has been noisy from new which apparently is a fault but I thought it was a characteristic of the car.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

8.30am I turn up as promised at the main dealer. Previously a service droid agrees with me that my AC is wank and at the car's young age they'll fix it.

8.45am I receive a phone call asking me to return.

9.00am I'm informed by a service receptionist of extreme youth that due to mileage my car is not covered for AC repairs.

9.01am I kick off in the showroom causing all sales staff to hang up their calls and other service customers to adopt discreet listening positions.

9.05am I ask for my fob back. I loudly say "by fob I mean my key, not the fucking fob off you give your customers".

9.30 I visit the taxi broker who sold me the car. I've known him for about 15 years, we get on well and he's even on my Facebook friends list and he uses me as a testimonial for potential Ionic buyers. He buys over 200 cars a year from that dealer so maybe he can shout louder.

9.40am My phone rings, it's Johnsons head office saying that maybe there's been a breakdown in communication and could I please return to their Liverpool dealer.

10.00am I arrive to be greeted by the service manager with a handshake. Maybe we're getting somewhere here?

Kept waiting for hours. Here's a screen grab of WhatsApp conversation with Claim_Bird.

Eventually service manager approaches me while I'm outside having a smoke and informs me that the refrigerant Hyundai use wears out and after the mileage, it needs a regass at £164 plus VAT.

Car returns home while I review my options.
jhy1.PNG
jhy1.PNG (280.15 KiB) Viewed 4719 times
jhy2.PNG
jhy2.PNG (127.39 KiB) Viewed 4719 times
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

bub2006 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 am How's the interior and boot holding up with the mileage covered? I have mobility scooter in the boot and there is some scratches on the interior plastics in the boot and carpet is feeling thin in places.
Surprisingly well actually considering the amount of airport runs I do. I removed the elastic cargo netting from the boot floor though.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Shout loudly on twitter how shit Hyundai's are for the environment as they can only hold their ac gas for 10,000 miles and they must personally be held responsible for the hole in the ozone layer, climate protestors in Leeds etc?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

DodgeRover wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:36 pm Shout loudly on twitter how shit Hyundai's are for the environment as they can only hold their ac gas for 10,000 miles and they must personally be held responsible for the hole in the ozone layer, climate protestors in Leeds etc?
I like that idea but is modern refrigerant harmful to the environment?
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Since when have facts mattered....it can't be 'good' for the environment.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

Thats bollocks that. Air-Con needs using otherwise it leaks. And unless I'm mistaken, there is no scheduled servicing in place for that vehicles air-con?
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

Warren t claim wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:42 pm I like that idea but is modern refrigerant harmful to the environment?
It is EXTREMELY explosive. Which is why Honda, Merc and others resisted the change to this air-con on safety grounds. BUT EU..... it's also why China initially banned its production (it all comes from there) thus delaying the introduction of the 'relevant' EU legislation and cartel on production (hence the cost).
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

So Hyundai are admitting that this explosive gas cannot be contained for any longer than a year under the bonnet, where heat and impact is the norm? Thats atrocious seal tolerances.