Claim's Cabbies Corner. Kill crazy rampage imminent.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner Let's be Frank with each other.

Post by Warren t claim »

Bangernomics wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:02 pm Frank sounds like he was a good guy at heart. More please.

Less annoying tag line.
You asked for it!

Picture the scene. It's autumn 2005 and W.T.C is at home having a night off and a few drinks. At about 9pm I hear a loud knock on my front door. Somewhat pissed off at having my night off disturbed I open the door to be greeted by the sight of a large guy dressed in black wearing a ski mask and carrying two baseball bats! Now, with the circles I associate in this made me shit myself as I clearly thought that I'm about to get a hiding! Just as I was weighing up my options of fight or flight (well flight actually) the man lifts up his ski mask revealing it to be Frank, throws me a baseball bat and informs me that he has learnt the whereabouts of a couple of lads who've been breaking into his gaming machines and he insists I go with him to exact some revenge!

Once a local smackhead walked onto the base selling what we thought to be shoplifted vodka. As Frank also had pubs he eagerly snapped up a couple of bottles for a tenner. Only later did Frank discover that he'd been bumped with a couple of litres of water! A few months later the smackhead made the mistake of walking into the base for a taxi. Even though Frank was half asleep on the sofa he immediately clocked that it was the prick that had him off. Frank launched himself off the sofa, across the office, into the waiting room and dealt an uppercut that I swear lifted the admittedly puny baghead off his feet. Frank then picks him up by his feet and dumps the semi conscious scrote upside down in the litter bin outside the office!

BRB. Just getting another glass of typing fluid.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Let's move onto the subject of the operators that Frank employed.

As Frank is a canny fella all our operators were either working on the side and claiming or retired and looking for a few extra quid. This worked well but for a few exceptions.

Being alone in the office on a Saturday night answering the phones, dealing with walk in punters and despatching jobs on the radio as well as answering drivers queries is a talent very few people have. One person who did have the qualities was a guy called Mickey. Mickey was a complicated lad, he was a burglar as well and to heighten the buzz would often report himself as an intruder to the police whilst still being on the premises he'd broken into. Amphetamine had affected Mickey in a big way, one day I went to collect him for his shift and as he was walking out of the door told me he'd forgotten something, fair enough. He went back in his flat, filled up a tin bath, stripped off, put a pair of womens knickers on and hopped in the bath! Once clean he hopped out, got dressed and walked to the car like this was the most normal thing in the world! Sadly, one Saturday night Frank fucked him about with his wages causing Mickey to do a Dave Lee Travis and quit live over the air on the taxi radio. By the time Frank got to the office Mickey had fucked off and the place was empty.

Another lady who operated for us a few nights a week was Kay. She was the girlfriend of the aforementioned Andy Patch and split her evenings between operating for Frank and working as a prostitute on the streets of Birkenhead. Being a cunning cunt and wanting to appear helpful I struck up a deal with Frank meaning that instead of paying any base rent I'd pay Kay her wages instead. As you have probably guessed by now Kay was/is a smackhead and crackhead. As it was me that was paying her we'd have a deal where I'd front her wages and score for her in exchange for the best jobs that came in or the pick of the night's bookings. I did very well out of this arrangement while it lasted!
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Fantastic tales. Keep them coming.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Yep, great thread this....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I think to protect those involved this thread should be moved somewhere slightly more private.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Although I have a fair few more tales to tell you soon about my tenure with Frank, I'll just skip to the end and say that the company no longer exists.

I'll get back to his story shortly.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Warren t claim wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:19 am I think to protect those involved this thread should be moved somewhere slightly more private.
I think you can manage that yourself. Do you need Hooli to spoon-feed you?
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I think only our grand master can do that.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Moving with the times wasn't for Frank. Customers started to expect their taxi company to call them when their car had arrived which isn't possible when we still offered a voice despatch system. We still had our hardcore regulars who stuck with us for years and a few select few who would only use us because we didn't use a GPS based system! I'll try to put this as diplomatically as I can, a job would be shouted from the office to pick someone up at a house address although what was written on the despatch log was a collection from a nearby street corner or phone box. The reason for this is that the passenger would be using a taxi to do a few pharmaceutical deliveries and having no electronic footprint of where he'd been was a definite plus point.

Another reason for us never moving into the 21st century was that doing things the old way suited Frank, especially when his bit on the side was operating. Unfortunately for Frank, he was blind to see that she was rinsing him. The money we paid him by posting it under his office door would go missing, and as several drivers also had a car and insurance off him that could be anything up to £210 at a time. As only Frank and her had a key for the office everyone but Frank could see what was happening. The problem is we lost several drivers and operators who Frank had accused of either not paying him or breaking into the office to steal money. His bit on the side has a pretty heavy gambling habit and to the rest of us, it was pretty obvious what was happening.

Be right back!
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Eddie Honda wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:15 am
Warren t claim wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:19 am I think to protect those involved this thread should be moved somewhere slightly more private.
I think you can manage that yourself. Do you need Hooli to spoon-feed you?
I'm just throwing the idea out as I don't want to land anyone in trouble and anyway, why should non-members be able to read it?