Claim's Cabbies Corner. Kill crazy rampage imminent.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. HACK LIVES MATTER

Post by Eddie Honda »

Warren t claim wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:49 pmThey're refusing to give me an appointment date until I've had an optician complete the eyesight part of the test as now my doctor refuses to carry out that check.
Same thing here.

Except my quack gave me an appointment, completed the medical and told me to fuck off to the opticians and when she had that back she'd sign and release the form.

Off to the NDLS office tomorrow.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Warren t claim wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:08 pm Just to add insult to injury, I bumped into a taxi mate in my local Kurdistan Kheap Kigarette shop yesterday. I know that Arriva bus drivers are on strike here so work must be quite good but I wasn't expecting him to be showing me screen grabs of lads pulling in between £2k to £2.5k a week.That's almost part time plumber money!
Looks good on paper.
Have they invoiced though?
fraser

Post by fraser »

Warren t claim wrote:Come to think of it, 12 days is fucking quick for an enhanced DBS check considering I've not only moved house but I'm not on the voters roll here.
Took me 14 months to get my security clearance. That was so I could work in the big circular building in Cheltenham though.

Sent from my JNY-LX1 using Tapatalk

AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

Why are we such useless cunts at admin in this country? It's fucking awful.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Warren t claim wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:49 pm I returned home to find that my CRB/DBS form had arrived. Result!

I phone my doctors about getting a medical. They fucking hate doing taxi medicals so I said it was an HGV medical as I may get both done at the same time. They're refusing to give me an appointment date until I've had an optician complete the eyesight part of the test as now my doctor refuses to carry out that check. Make many attempts to phone the council for a medical form but apparently, since the start of Covid they're refusing to answer the fucking phone and visiting them without an appointment is seriously frowned upon.
Is the form available on line?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

LynehamHerc wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:34 am
Warren t claim wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:49 pm I returned home to find that my CRB/DBS form had arrived. Result!

I phone my doctors about getting a medical. They fucking hate doing taxi medicals so I said it was an HGV medical as I may get both done at the same time. They're refusing to give me an appointment date until I've had an optician complete the eyesight part of the test as now my doctor refuses to carry out that check. Make many attempts to phone the council for a medical form but apparently, since the start of Covid they're refusing to answer the fucking phone and visiting them without an appointment is seriously frowned upon.
Is the form available on line?
They like to have the original form filled in.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

himot1.PNG
himot1.PNG (63.19 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
Good to see that my old Ioniq hasn't been clocked.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

That was a sterling mileage for a 4 year old motor. Well done sir.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

The ones that got away, cars that is, not runners.

At some point back in 2003, I was visiting my preferred straightener of Mk2 Mondeos when his son turned up in a tidy, white, E34 BMW 5 Series in 518i flavour. He was keen to sell it and I quite fancied running something a bit different as a PHV. Various whispers were going around at the time saying that if a driver ran a prestige car, Eg Merc or BMW, the car wasn't subject to the eight year age limit our council had at the time.

Not being a great believer of chinky whispers I had a look at the BMWs V5. It was 7 years and 7 months old. Now, our council were happy to extend the life of a PHV beyond eight years under hardship reasons only so I phoned them about whether there was such a thing as exemption from age limits for prestige cars.

Sadly, it was all bullshit, there's no such thing as a prestige PHV in Wirral but I could plate it for five months and after that cry poverty and ask for an extension. Alas, there's no fucking way the council would have extended the licence because I had other PHVs registered in my name.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I doubt you'll be massively interested but I found a few pics of Frank's taxi office, drivers and cars.
taxioffice1.PNG
taxioffice1.PNG (474.13 KiB) Viewed 681 times
taxioffice2.PNG
taxioffice2.PNG (1023.19 KiB) Viewed 681 times
taxioffice3.PNG
taxioffice3.PNG (344.55 KiB) Viewed 681 times
This is Carl, AKA Calamity Carl. He managed to write off a C4 Picasso in a head on collision on a 20mph road. The following week whilst returning back from Liverpool he managed to saw a Mk4 Mondeo in half on the wire crash barriers in the slip road going into the Mersey Tunnel.
taxioffice4.PNG
taxioffice4.PNG (937.27 KiB) Viewed 681 times
taxioffice5.PNG
taxioffice5.PNG (1.11 MiB) Viewed 681 times
taxioffice6.PNG
taxioffice6.PNG (930.91 KiB) Viewed 681 times
taxioffice7.PNG
taxioffice7.PNG (289.24 KiB) Viewed 681 times