Pay monthly for extras

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: Pay monthly for extras

Post by LynehamHerc »

On the subject of cutting out I still prefer manual to automatic chokes although I have to admit F.I. is better when it's working properly.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

Broccoli wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:42 am On topic, I specifically looked for a classic with opening front quarter windows. Used to love it on my VW beetle. That said, it gets bloody hot and humid here in summer and one of the reasons the Subaru went, was the AC died and to fix it was more than the car was worth.
Funny, the aerodynamics of the Pontiac mean opening a window doesn't provide a huge roar of air; it's only slightly quieter inside the car with the windows closed than it is with them open.
I do like the quarterlights though- even the back doors have them- particularly as a deflector, they prevent a lot of insects from coming into the car as you drive, stops them hitting your arm too. Evidently it was an important thing because the Plymouth's a pillarless coupe and yet still it has the upright for the quarterlight in the front door... And it has aircon.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Oh yes, 190E I'm looking at you. Brake, select neutral, turn key again and ignore lorry airhorn two inches from back bumper.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......