Crash! Bang! Wallop!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Re: Crash! Bang! Wallop!

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Yes.

The number plate thread on Pistonheads is a cracker.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:44 am Yes.

I bet it is. Almost tempted to look but I won't.......

In the meantime this happened near us last night, nipper (I presume....) walked away. I can think of at least two seperate, fatal, accidents at this location and neither of those cars looked as badly damaged as this one.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/185316 ... e-holbury/
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

I noticed there's a second series of crash detectives on player - binge watched the lot.

This was an interesting one -

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... l-17708160
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

mercrocker wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:54 am
The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:44 am Yes.

I bet it is. Almost tempted to look but I won't.......

In the meantime this happened near us last night, nipper (I presume....) walked away. I can think of at least two seperate, fatal, accidents at this location and neither of those cars looked as badly damaged as this one.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/185316 ... e-holbury/
I bet the cunt was pissed
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

"Just testing it m9"

Eddie Honda

Post by Eddie Honda »

#MOARPOWAH!

Eddie Honda

Post by Eddie Honda »

#itstotallyfuckingfuckedmatebigtime

Essex Police - Chelmsford District
June 20 at 7:48 AM ·
To all those caught up on the A12 closure in the #Chelmsford area last night, THANK YOU – not only for your patience but also for staying over to the sides of the #A12 after you moved to let the first emergency vehicles through to create and then maintain access through the middle. This is expected and common place on the continent however we often find that in the UK after people move to allow us through, they then move back toward the middle without thinking, only to then have less space to move into for the next emergency vehicle(s) following on, potentially hindering life-saving equipment or staff getting to the scene (without any intent or malice).

I was the last Police car to arrive (officers from our @EP_RPU_North Policing Unit were already on scene and at the hospital) and it was so noticeable how I could quickly and easily get to the scene to help get it open for everyone rather than having to zig-zag and weave between gaps as usually happens, instead I had around two miles of a clear central area to access the scene at the front. If you ever have to move over on a dual carriageway to allow emergency vehicles through (and we are all very grateful when you do so, as will those at the scene be who are desperately awaiting Police/Fire/Ambulance – every second saved really can be crucial) then please remember this, especially if you are at the front as if you move back towards the middle after we pass, it is likely those behind will follow suit whereas if you remember this and stay to the side, hopefully those behind will do the same allowing maximum access for not only emergency vehicles including the much wider Ambulances and Fire appliances but also any large recovery trucks needed to clear the road in order to open it for you.

Many of you may have been held up for several hours and understandably be asking why we take so long to open the road, or why we can’t just sweep the debris/move the cars to allow just one lane to open. I can assure you the decisions involved in fully closing any key road are not taken lightly – a trained and qualified ‘Road Scene Manager’ will attend to oversee the incident, carefully balancing the needs of the investigation in order to provide answers and potentially closure to the next of kin when someone is seriously injured or killed and/or to prosecute anyone responsible, with the need to get people moving again as well as safety considerations for everyone on scene which includes highways and recovery staff as well as Police officers and those involved.

We understand that significant delays can cause missed meetings, family events, flights/holidays (less so at the moment obviously) and other important plans as well as discomfort and inconvenience, especially for those with medical conditions or children. We always consider all factors before making decisions and regularly reassess, including when we receive casualty updates from officers at hospital which was the case last night where thankfully the driver wasn’t as seriously injured as they initially believed meaning we could get the road open rather than turning people around to leave from an earlier junction – a long and complex operation to do safely.

We don’t always get it right and learn from any incidents where improvements have been identified for future ones or opportunities missed however I think on the whole we get it mostly right, it just doesn’t always seem that way when you are the one stuck in a jam with only the lorry in front in sight and no knowledge of the reasons behind it, part of the reason for this post. I could go on to explain further however a colleague from Devon and Cornwall Police (now retired) explains the reasons and thought processes behind such closures from the role much better in this blog which answers many of the common assumptions about what we are and aren’t doing at a scene – it really is interesting and accurate so I encourage you to have a read when you have time (and especially before complaining about a closure): https://dcarvsgt.wordpress.com/…/a-dive ... my-d…/amp/ WARNING, IT IS A FRANK AND HONEST SO UPSETTING READ.

For those who think we should just open one lane because they don’t realise just how critical a single small piece of car part of even paint chip can be, take a look at this post which shows exactly that as had we opened even part of the M11 prematurely that morning due to worries over inconveniencing people or receiving complaints we may have lost that opportunity to get justice for the family of the biker killed by a driver who left the scene where a piece of evidence around the size of a 50p was key:

I will end by thanking everyone again, for their patience and understanding and also common sense and courtesy in facilitating access, it really was appreciated by everyone involved and for the very small minority who shouted as they passed us when finally released, or shook their head in disapproval/other gestures, please consider the explanations above and how different your viewpoint would have been had one of your family or friends been involved in a serious accident we were attending and investigating.

NOTE: For anyone reading this who drove the wrong way up the slip road to avoid the queues, we have a long list of registrations who WILL be receiving points and a fine in the post – your actions could have caused additional crashes and/or hindered emergency vehicles getting to the scene, both of which would have caused further delays for everyone.
If you have any dashcam footage of this please send it to us: https://saferessexroads.org/extraeyes/e ... what-next/

PS13

Edit: apologies, I should have clarified the concern was for the small number who felt entitled to drive up the slip road the wrong way, undirected and uncontrolled without any safety measures in place, those directed up with staff on the roundabout to help them continue their journeys have nothing to worry about
Eddie Honda

Post by Eddie Honda »

Side of the tyre looks okay....from 50 feet.

Eddie Honda

Post by Eddie Honda »

#WHOATEALLTHEPIES

Eddie Honda

Post by Eddie Honda »

"I've only had a couple of light ales"