What was your first crash in?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Re: What was your first crash in?

Post by bub2006 »

I've no idea how I lived let alone climb out,light a fag and walk away. Fag was lit after I'd managed to find fags and glasses
richardthestag

Post by richardthestag »

first was in mutha thestags 1972 1.3 auto Marina 3 weeks are passing my test June 84. Turning right out of a blind junction and across a 30mph road. got broadsided by a Montego VP, fully loaded, being driven by grease monkey prior to pick up by first owner. 10 miles on the clock and properly totalled, the roof was creased above the front doors ffs. The Montego connected square on the a-post of the Marina and shoved me sideways 20 feet up the road, the bulkhead did it's job and I have no doubt saved my eating through a rectal feed tube for a considerable time. Poh-leese reckon impact speed was 40-50mph, no skiddies from the Montego tyres. I recall the accident and then for some reason running down the middle of the road to get to a phone box and call my dad, neighbour saw me and helped, I was incoherent and most likely concussed. Apparently pub landlady saw it happen, got me to sit down and was pouring hot sugary coffee into me, have absolutely no recollection. Mutha thestag was furious that I have killed "old lady", she did get a bright Orange S reg 1.3 Allegro Estate out of it though

Next one was on my pushbike because I gave up driving for a while. Cycling downhill A232 towards Ewell, keen and in a tuck I would have been 30mph I reckon, approaching the Banstead road junction on my left a car coming towards me went for it. I impacted the passenger door and fortunately it was a MG Midget with the roof down as I sailed over the top rather than impacting head first onto the roof gutter, slid across the road watching the kerb stones getting closer but stopped before I got there, tried to stand but collapsed immediately. no fucker stopped to help, MG had stopped but driver was in shock and gripped on the steering wheel. Passenger door was right across the passenger seat. No broken bones but was down to the bone on hip, right elbow and shoulder. Still I got a new bike out of it, was a bit stiff for a month though

Next up in the company Cavalier 1.6L drove straight into the back of an Orion reversing back onto a roundabout. I was busy looking at the sign.

Last one was most amusing, same Cavalier, A3 north into Lunnon. back then Kennington road, at the Oval junction went from 3 lanes, down to 2 and then back upto 3. Twat in a mk3 Granada went from Lane 1 to Lane 2 in the narrow bit running my on to the wrong side of the road. I thought ah boot it and get around the cunt, ran out of road and brakes, hit the kerb on the traffic island launched the car skywards and front bumper took out the traffic light which I then flattened, before I landed on the wrong side of the road - must have looked proper Dukes of Hazzard. Managed to reverse back to get out the way of the oncoming traffic. look across and the Granada driver was laughing and giving me the bird. I jumped out to twat the cunt just as the lights changed. Rather than get his reg details I launched the remains of my nearside headlight unit which bounced off the back of his car.
"The Dark Wob. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Mine was pretty mild compared to what others have said.

I was going to a country pub with a young lady when I skidded on a load of mud left on the road by the builders of the Tadcaster Bypass. It was really foggy and as we tried to go round the bend we went straight into a big pile of earth that they'd left by the side of the road. The damage wasn't too bad but the MG was undriveable. She seemed to be a bit in shock so I took her home in a taxi and then went back to prise the wing off the front wheel and drive the 10 miles back home,slowly.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Sadly, my first crash as posted earlier in the thread was by no means my last either. Modesty forbids me from elaborating but suffice to say I have partially destroyed at least six vehicles that I can recall - some of them more than once - including the total obliteration of an R4 van when it was less than six months old. I also rear-ended two other cars (both Cortinas) once in a Mk1 Mini and again in a 1979 Pontiac. Both times I was ogling skirt but apart from those instances I seem to have had a run of Bub luck in the 1980s.....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Beat my to it by 30 years
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

John F wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:59 am Anyone that kills a Metro is a friend of mine.

Fucking shitboxes.
Yet was also stupid enough to put ANOTHER engine in it rather than bridging it first time round, deserves a boot in the baws.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

On the bright side, I didn't get a new engine for the fucking ovlov which was a way worse car than the metro in any way conceivable except the ovlov had comfier seats.
Private signature, do not read
Eddie Honda

Post by Eddie Honda »

Pure bunkum. The miniMetro is wrong on so many levels.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Yeah but ovlov 340s are wrong on every level! utterly shit cars in every way except the seats & even those are in fucking velour so not great.
Private signature, do not read
Eddie Honda

Post by Eddie Honda »

Right wheel drive is so right.