Returning from the wilderness

Please let us know why you're here and if you know how to use a 3/8th Gripely to ream your trunnions square....
Mr Furious

Returning from the wilderness

Post by Mr Furious »

Afternoon All

Used to be a fairly regular poster on the beige until Hooligate, when I was unceremoniously gagged for hanging with the wrong crowd, I was never banned as such but I never bothered going back after that. Shortly afterwards my relationship broke down with my long term girlfriend (in an unrelated incident I might add) and my mental health went off the edge of a cliff.

Truth be told it had been years in the making, my entire adult life had been a battle against bouts of short-lived happiness interspersed with episodes of severe depression and my mental health was always on a knife edge at best. This time it got pushed over the edge and for the first time ever I couldn't actually cope with it. The relationship breakup was the straw which broke the camels back, but this had been brewing long before she ever came along.

On the plus side it did force me to face up to the fact I needed help, so I finally relented and walked into the doctors surgery, A 40 year old physically healthy person, to tell them I couldn't cope with life. He offered a choice between drugs and therapy - I chose the drugs and he started me on Sertraline

3 Months off work followed by a further 3 months 'phased return' and working from home, thanks to the fantastic support of an extremely helpful boss and the brilliant company I work for, I'd just returned full time when Covid hit.

Since then I've worked from home full time and this is now a permanent arrangement, I've carried on taking the pills and I feel better than I have done for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't say I'm cured, I'm not sure you ever are, but the pills enable me to live, think and be happy like a normal human.

Back then I had an ST220 and a Mk2 Granada, these have both gone, I replaced the ST220 with a newer 2015 Mondeo for every day duties and got a Clio 197 as a 'Track Car' instead of pursuing the classic car scene, which I never really clicked with - to date however, I've spectacularly failed to get it anywhere near a race track

But for the first time in a long I feel like I can get excited about cars again, so I'm back to live various car dreams vicariously through others'
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: Returning from the wilderness

Post by paulplom »

Welcome back!
I look forward to hearing about your exploits.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Welcome to the Den of Depravity.

Just to warn you if you're not already aware piss taking and verbal abuse is normal on here. I mean what would you expect from a forum where the administrator is a macaque and his sidekick is a part time Geordie plumber?
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

Good to hear you are overcoming the depression. Was it Captain Furious on the beige?
Mr Furious

Post by Mr Furious »

LynehamHerc wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:41 pm Welcome to the Den of Depravity.

Just to warn you if you're not already aware piss taking and verbal abuse is normal on here. I mean what would you expect from a forum where the administrator is a macaque and his sidekick is a part time Geordie plumber?
Sure as hell hope so, i'll be disappointed if its turned into another woke, virtue signalling, back slapping, humourless love fest
Drum wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:49 pm Good to hear you are overcoming the depression. Was it Captain Furious on the beige?
Cheers man, yeah that was me
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Ayup fucknugget, welcome to the dark side of the internet.
Private signature, do not read
red5

Post by red5 »

Welcome, you'll love the Vile hatred™