Fancy a 6R4 ?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: Fancy a 6R4 ?

Post by DodgeRover »

Probably register by post in Romania then re-register here?
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

Differs from State to State in the US.

As long as I build it myself, in MN I could build one of those settee cars, fit it with indicators, bumpers and brake lights and they would reluctantly have to accept it. I could then call it whatever I wanted on the owners slip. 1927 Chesterfield flier if I wanted.

The next state over (Wisconsin) requires inspections by the police for road worthiness etc.

In MN they just check to make sure your not trying to ring a car or parts of a car. You do end up with a ‘reconstructed’ stamp on the title though.

I built my ‘Atom’ from a ‘kit’, buying the engine directly from Japan. They had already stopped a few people owning Ariel’s in MN pulling their plates after the desk clerk had issued them, but according the the MN Statutes that I built my car under, I could have mine (which pissed a few people off - including the DMV that put up a good fight but after quoting their own statues 168 and 169 back at them, they caved).

So if you really want one, send the parts to me (engine, trans and chassis must be separate and never registered together) I can assemble, have inspected to make sure it’s not stolen, have a VIN issued by the state and then after a trial run in period (of maybe one summer hooning), I can send you your road legal 1984 6R4 back. :)

Edit: but anyone wanting to do the same with a Stratos would get preferential treatment.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Apparently it's going to be powered by a 450hp version of the Audi V6 used in an iteration of the S4.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Those Mexicos are apparently duratec powered with all the injection and emmisions equipment.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I'm waiting for the continuation RS200s to arrive. As a Ford powered vehicle built by Reliant, I expect them to be some sort of Group B Metrocab.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Warren t claim wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:24 am I'm waiting for the continuation RS200s to arrive. As a Ford powered vehicle built by Reliant, I expect them to be some sort of Group B Metrocab.
We've had that, it was the Banmoco Maestro 1.3 City