Fuggin heaposhite most expensive and unreliable vehicle I have ever purchased

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Yellowperil

Fuggin heaposhite most expensive and unreliable vehicle I have ever purchased

Post by Yellowperil »

Getting rid of a dead car.
What's my best options?

I have had my 2011 Ford Grand C Max sitting outside my house since july last year, when it was recovered to mine after breaking down, for the umpteenth time.
My intentions were always to get it fixed and then maybe get rid, so I have spent the last few months saving my pennies and using a motorbike to get around on.
This hasn't been ideal, because it means shopping is difficult and I am unable to take my daughter anywhere.
I managed to get a lump sum saved up, but then my brother offered me a vehicle at family rates and to be fair I would be mad to turn it down.
I can actually pick it up when I want, but the C Max is in the way annoying me.
So I need to get rid of the C Max, obviously I want it gone as quickly and effortlessly as possible and also would like to get something for it.
What do people think are my best options?
SiC
It's S small i C

Re: Fuggin heaposhite most expensive and unreliable vehicle I have ever purchased

Post by SiC »

Removemycar and cartakeback.

RemoveMyCar paid me £1500 for my dead 2010 Audi A4. Came out within a week with a trailer and it was gone. It was more than scrap as presumably they were either going to fix it or strip for parts.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: Fuggin heaposhite most expensive and unreliable vehicle I have ever purchased

Post by paulplom »

What's wrong with your C max? You'd get loads more money if it was working.
Yellowperil

Post by Yellowperil »

I have got to the point where I am absolutely not going to spend anymore money on it, I spent £1300 on it in May last year and it lasted until july.
The money I have saved up will be spent on the new vehicle.
Every time it broke down it cost me a fortune.
It even broke down whilst parked on my drive for a month once when I was hospitalised and then couldn't drive it.
That took two mobile mechanics and a recovery to a main dealer to fix.
Last year the fucking sliding door fell off its hinges when I made the mistake of opening it.

Anyway, it is now sold and shall be out of my life by the end of the week.
cuntbuster

Post by cuntbuster »

How did you find a buyer in the end ?
Who you gonna call
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

You've obviously never had an Insignia in your life.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Yellowperil

Post by Yellowperil »

I just went on removemycar and put details in.
It goes on wednesday.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Now it's the time to swap batteries, remove bulbs etc
FatherJack

Post by FatherJack »

Any parts you do take off it might need a spritz with Holy Water
Just to make sure they dont infect another car with C-Maxitis
Yellowperil

Post by Yellowperil »

There is a space outside my house now, this makes me happy.

I always promised myself a nearly new car when circumstances allowed.
I waited years until I could afford it and then took out a loan with the council I work with at less than 1%
I did all my research and decided on a Grand C Max, because it has 7 seats and sliding doors, at the time my family and my SNAKE friend and his children would go out together and also go camping, a 7 seater was ideal.
I wanted cruise control (mainly because I find it really painful on my heal holding a throttle peddle down) and aircon, so I made sure I looked for the Titanium spec, I looked at other ones before I found this one, but they weren't as good.
As part of the loan agreement I paid to have a full AA inspection and this didn't throw up any faults, so I purchased.

I was so proud when I drove it home, pride comes before a fall.

To be fair the car was really well designed, comfortable even in the rearmost seats and handled better than I ever thought it would, it just seemed to be cursed.
I am not going to go into detail about the times It broke down, but I had the RAC number on speed dial.
It was driven into twice by people who never left a note or anything, I was hoping it would get written off last year when a deer smashed all the front end, but it got repaired.
By the time it went wrong the last time it had no aircon and the cruise had stopped working a second time after paying for it to be fixed once.

I cleared it out the afternoon before it went, sat in it for a while and felt nothing.
So I threw some bad memories into it, locked it up and put the key and log book in an envelope for the salvage driver and didn't look back.

If that is the best driving experience the 21st century has to offer then bollocks to it.
IMG_20230321_160440-1.jpg
IMG_20230321_160440-1.jpg (493.78 KiB) Viewed 280 times
My next vehicle will be from the 20th century